Lead/Senior Product Manager (Systems)
Product & Technology – Product Mgmt /
About Veloce Energy
Veloce is a fast-growing leader in the electrification of transportation and transformation of the grid edge. We are dedicated and passionate about the electrification of everything as a means to fight climate change and air pollution while creating a just transition empowering all. While we each bring our strengths, we drive collaboratively to reach our overall goals. Our co-founders have helped shape the solar, storage, e-Mobility and retail energy industries. We are seeking diverse, passionate, driven people to lead us further at all levels. Join us if you want to shape a just clean energy future.
Reporting to the VP of Product & Technology, the position calls for a ‘clean transport-passionate’ and driven individual who will develop the Product Management function support products directly related to Veloce’s business, accelerating both technology adoption and market penetration. Veloce is developing innovative Electrification products within the EV, Energy Storage, and Grid space. The position is responsible for executing policy and regulatory initiatives, working in tandem with personnel from the sales, marketing, business development and product management team.
We are looking for an exceptional team player who brings business savvy and customer orientation to product management work. You are a relationship builder, bridge builder and passionate about informing policymakers and experienced as a communicator. It is mandatory that you have worked with policy stakeholders in key states that are at the forefront of clean energy and transport policy. This role will involve travel.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Is the center of the Product Network between Customers/End user, Product Developers, and the Business
• Determines Customer needs using VoC and other techniques to differentiate needs from wants; recommends nature and scope of present and future products, product lines
• Is responsible for developing the MRD and PRD by working with various critical stakeholders, including Engineering, Technology Development, Sales, Marketing, and Operations
o Develops detailed product specification documents in concert with the various critical stakeholders
o Supports the development of Sales & Marketing Collateral
• Is involved with various hardware and software product development initiatives
o Assists the Program/Project Manager and Development teams in all aspects of a product development projects including schedule, scope, budget, risk, quality, and resources
o Manages the full product life cycle (from concept through develop, testing, and launch, service, and sunset);
o Assists with the develop and implementation of the Veloce NPI/NPD processes
• Build strong relationships within Veloce across various departments and functions, procure/secure various items and resources critical to the project
• Serve as the primary point of contact for the Product; Provide regular status updates to Management and Executive Teams; Supports Marketing, Sales Proposal Development & Tenders
• Has strong knowledge of:
o Power Conversion/Electronics, Power Systems, Battery Energy Storage and various regulatory efforts (including UL, NEC, etc), Renewable/DER platforms;
o 3-phase grid-tied power systems
o Controls and Software related to the above power
• Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
• Works with Sales, Executive, and Service to determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
• Completes operational requirements by working with Project Management and Engineering, and Operations by scheduling and assigning resources; following up on work results.
o Prepares budget estimates, develop detailed plan, develop resource allocation plans
o Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• As the business grows, this right candidate will grow with the business:
o Oversee, supervise other Product Managers, develop objectives, and evaluate performance of the Product Management
o Establish/run Veloce’s Product Management Office
o Refine the Veloce NPD/NPI & Agile Processes
o Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
§ Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
§ Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Your Communications Accumen
o Exceptional communication skills, are adept at reframing various challenges depending on the audience, and can communicate within a variety of mediums
o Effective at advocating for ideas with credibility and diplomacy; you are known to build relationships with stakeholders, and enjoy working in a dynamic (startup environment)
o You are able to maintain, establish trust and credibility, act with complete integrity at all times, and encourage the same within your teammates
o Able to translate heavy technical and engineering jargon into concepts understandable by a variety of audiences
o Adept at working in a Sales, Technical or Operational Environment
- Conversant in a variety of Project Management methods and would be capable of developing
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and have a solution-seeking mentality; you function well in a deadline-driven, team-focused, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office, Project, Planner Teams, (or other PM tools)
- You are passionate about the clean energy/transport industry and consider yourself an evangelist
- A Bachelor’s degree, (with a Minor/Major in Engineering); Master’s degree preferred
- In lieu of a formal training or education, significant relevant industry experience as Product Manager, and having completed formal training in various PM methods may be considered an appropriate substitute
- You have at least 7+ years of Product Management experience with 3yrs or more in Supervisory roles
- Experience within power electronics, power systems, required; clean energy/transport, electro-mechanical, and/or DER-grid technologies preferred
- 3-phase Grid-tied power & power electronic systems
- Proven leadership experience and/or have previously participated in green field product development activities;
- Successfully taken multiple products & product lines (and/or overseen substantial portions of the lifecycle)) to market in one or more of the above areas
This position will be located within our Loveland, CO facility.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace will make Veloce a stronger and more flexible organization, better able to create technological and social change. We believe diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective all drive innovation. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued and creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We are rapidly growing our company and will help people manage their careers while we create the future together.