Business Development Manager Electric Utilities
Commercial – Sales /
About Veloce Energy
Veloce is a fast-growing leader in the electrification of transportation and transformation of the grid edge. We are dedicated and passionate about the electrification of everything as a means to fight climate change and air pollution while creating a just transition empowering all. While we each bring our strengths, we drive collaboratively to reach our overall goals. Our co-founders have helped shape the solar, storage, e-Mobility and retail energy industries. We are seeking diverse, passionate, driven people to lead us further at all levels. Join us if you want to shape a just clean energy future.
Veloce Energy is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to lead the company's sales efforts with electric utilities (investor owned, municipalities and co-operatives). Working closely with the Chief Commercial Officer (CSO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), s/he will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Go To-Market strategy and revenue growth plan for this fast-growing market category. This includes identifying, engaging, and forging business relationships with target utilities and key strategic partners that will drive near and long-term revenue; assess and make recommendations to leadership on new business opportunities; and provide market and competitive intelligence. The Utility Market Business Development Manager will report to the Chief Commercial Officer, working collaboratively with the sales and policy teams.
- With input from team members, develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive product introduction and business development plan for pursuing distributed energy storage opportunities with electric utilities in the United States focused primarily on Non-Wires Alternative projects, with secondary emphasis on utility-owned EV charging.
- Ensure consistency and contribution to the company go-to-market and sales plans
- Identify and build business relationships with utility and strategic partners that will drive near term and long-term sales in this category
- Identify, assess, and manage our response to RFI/Ps, tenders, and solicitations.
- Remain appraised of the latest developments in the utility space, as well as competitive activities.
- Be the internal voice on the utility sector
- Participate in key utility trade shows, conferences, and events with the goal of generating new business and broadening business network
- Maintain updated and accurate customer information in our CRM system.
- Lead the creation and delivery of as needed BD tools such as presentations and sales collateral, working in collaboration with sales and marketing
- Travel up to 50% may be required
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a Business Development role
- 5 years' experience selling to an electric utility is required, with demonstrated success
- Bachelor's degree in a business, economics, engineering or a related field. Masters is preferred but not required
- Relevant experience in the energy storage market and/or EV charging infrastructure is highly desirable
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and ability to express technical and non-technical concepts clearly and concisely, verbally and in written form
- Entrepreneurial, with an attitude to make a difference. Inquisitive with a thirst for knowledge in this segment
- Team oriented; collaboration minded
- Ability to work under pressure and in new environment, start-up experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace will make Veloce a stronger and more flexible organization, better able to create technological and social change. We believe diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective all drive innovation. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued and creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We are rapidly growing our company and will help people manage their careers while we create the future together.