Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Engineering – Hardware /
About Veloce Energy
Veloce is a fast-growing leader in the electrification of transportation and transformation of the grid edge. We are dedicated and passionate about the electrification of everything as a means to fight climate change and air pollution while creating a just transition empowering all. While we each bring our strengths, we drive collaboratively to reach our overall goals. Our co-founders have helped shape the solar, storage, e-Mobility and retail energy industries. We are seeking diverse, passionate, driven people to lead us further at all levels. Join us if you want to shape a just clean energy future.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Veloce Energy team member, this right person will assist with all mechanical aspects of products developed within the Veloce Power Systems Team including product design, packaging, and analysis through design, development, and manufacturing phases. Veloce develops cutting edge grid edge infrastructure equipment including power distribution and battery energy storage equipment Responsibilities include:
· Design/analyze/select mechanical materials/components/systems using available tools (CAD, etc.) while identifying and optimizing competing constraints of performance, cost, reliability, and regulatory compliance.
· Effectively communicate design concepts to senior staff.
· Develop and implement drafting and relevant design standards, part numbering, and other documentation.
· Be able to perform thermal, stress or other types analysis of design
· Knowledge of metal fabrication processes, drawing and welding symbols
· Track, manage, review, and approve part lists, datasheets, ECOs and BOMs.
· Assist with mechanical assembly of fixtures/product as needed.
· Experience with power/electrical systems a plus
· Interact with and assist supply chain with supplier selection
· Training and mentoring of more junior staff.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
· > 7 years of professional experience in field of mechanical engineering.
· Extensive CAD experience with major platform(s) and associated revision control products.
· Familiar with industry drafting standards and GD&T methods.
· Proficient in the safe operation of hand/power metal fabrication tools.
· Experience with standard workplace tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.
Preferred Skills & Experience
· Experience with CAD/CAM for CNC 3D printing, cutting, and machining; familiarity with working on/around high powered power conversion, familiarity with LOTO and other electrical safety practices
· Experience with Autodesk Inventor, Vault (or similar)
· Experience in power systems, NEC, electrical products a plus
· Should maintain an awareness of changes in the industry and in the development of components/materials that may assist future design activities.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace will make Veloce a stronger and more flexible organization, better able to create technological and social change. We believe diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective all drive innovation. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued and creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We are rapidly growing our company and will help people manage their careers while we create the future together.