Customer Support Manager
Velsera – Customer Operations /
Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian, & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics to point of care.
We unify technology enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other's success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees in 14 different countries.
As a customer support manager, you will report to the Director of Customer Support / VP of Customer Support and your tasks will consist of overseeing a support team, managing their performance and development, ensuring efficient support operations, and driving customer satisfaction through effective support delivery.
What will you do?
- Provide specialized technical & functional support to customers in Velsera products and services, both in and out of office hours.
- Lead & manage the daily tasks, activities, people, and performance of the customer support team.
- Ensure support strategies, processes, polices and best practices are followed and executed to a high standard.
- Allocate resources and distribute workload within the team to ensure prompt and effective support, aligned with service level agreements (SLAs).
- Coach, train and develop a team of customer support engineers, senior customer support engineers and customer support specialists to deliver ‘best-in-class’ service and support to Velsera customers and colleagues, fostering their professional growth and expertise.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, and sales, to address customer needs and enhance product offerings and propositions.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess team performance, customer satisfaction, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Handle escalated customer inquiries or complaints, leveraging your bioinformatics and precision medicine knowledge to resolve complex issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Stay updated with advancements in life sciences, bioinformatics, precision medicine, genomics, and workflow automation technologies to provide informed support and contribute to company initiatives.
What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field, such as bioinformatics, genomics, or a life sciences discipline.
- Proven experience in managing a technical support team, preferably in the life sciences, bioinformatics or clinical research, genomics domain.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with customers, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics software, genomics applications, and workflow automation systems utilized in life sciences and clinical research.
- Proficiency in technical support processes, best practices, and customer service principles.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and metrics to drive performance improvements and optimize customer support operations.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, particularly in complex technical support.
- Familiarity with help desk software, CRM systems, and other technical support tools.
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you will become great at. You'll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including:
1. A full-suite of industry leading benefits for the USA
2. Remote work flexibility.
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you're not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our core values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an equal opportunity employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.