Business Development Manager
Velsera – Commercial /
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
We are looking for a talented, creative, experienced professional to join our team. This role will be responsible for leading the development of strategic relationships and partner channels that drive direct revenue for our business. You will be responsible for and lead North America based business development efforts and partnerships in a number of core that can include: Assay and Diagnostic partner resellers (partnering with other organizations to create and imbed Velsera technology into their software and workflows), In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD), and Pharma/Biotech analytics and workflow support. This role will focus on expanding near and long term revenue by driving these and additional strategic partnerships.
What will you do?
- Identify, solidify and leverage strategic partnerships with assay vendors, sequencing vendors, Pharma/Biotechs/CROs, and other strategic partners; seed the market effectively as Velsera products and services expand
- Negotiate and oversee development of opportunities, RFPs and partnership growth; participate in customer meetings to drive closure and expand business opportunities
- Drive, contract, and expand co-sales, co-marketing, and direct resale opportunities from multiple cross-functional directions.
- Maintain account funnel, forecast and business plans to ensure performance to targets
- Function as the trusted advisor for Business Development and Alliances, providing market insights, industry trends, and competitive landscape information to inform Business Development, Corporate Development, Alliances, Marketing, Product and Sales activities
- Work closely with Alliances to nurture partner relationships to generate loyalty and growth
- Ensure partners have access to education, marketing, product, and support materials and maintain open communications between Velsera and partner community
- Oversee the development and execution of Velsera's technology in-licensing and out-licensing, research use only workflow partnerships, and IVD focused clinical partnerships,
- Build partnerships as a current and future competitive advantage by understanding and addressing the needs and opportunities of our markets and customers and as a key driver of growth for Velsera
- Lead and build a team that works collaboratively across a matrix organization to execute the portfolio, leveraging resources and support from Business Segments, R&D, and marketing and sales.
- Build a funnel of opportunities and execute on the most promising ones to fully leverage Velsera's core assets and channels.
- Lead Business Development to increase revenue and meet sales goals
What do you bring to the table?
- 10-15 years’ industry experience
- Self Motivated, energetic, team player with ability to interact with all levels within an organization
- Ability to think strategically and competitively and successfully plan and execute on new partnerships
- In depth understanding of the industry including key laboratory, sequencing vendor, and assay vendor markets and business models.
- Ability to clearly articulate business issues and solutions and negotiate at a Senior Management and C-Suite level
- Ability to create, drive, and execute on term sheets, contracts, and complex multi-faceted partnership agreements.
- Experience creating proposals, drafting contracts, and executing deals in complex business environments.
- Experience with executing substantial enterprise level and complex software/solution sales.
- Experience with CRO/Pharma, NGS, and laboratory business models and sales.
- Expert understanding of the FDA and CE Mark regulatory environments and overall marketplace as they relate to discovery and drug development, as well as the PCR, NGS and diagnostic space
- Sales and Business Relationship Management
- Building and Developing Partner/Reseller Channels
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Forming Strategic Business Alliances
- Background in Genomics/Omics, Healthcare, Analytics, and Life Sciences.
- Product knowledge that spans the entire portfolio of Velsera offerings in the marketplace
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Capacity to understand and advocate on behalf of partners while maintaining what is in the best interest of the company
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficient in both Google Suite and MS Office Suite
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
- A full-suite of industry leading benefits
- Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our core values:
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.