Senior Director, Marketing
Velsera – Commercial /
Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
As Senior Director, Marketing, you will be part of the industry-leading team that develops genomic software solutions and services for healthcare organizations worldwide. You will be a key leader in the Commercial organization, bringing the Velsera brand and technologies to life in one of the most exciting and advanced healthcare fields today. Ultimately, by leading all downstream marketing, you will connect people with Velsera technology and services, and your contributions will enable clinical laboratories and physicians to deliver patient-specific diagnoses and treatments based on each individuals’ DNA. You will take a key role in helping to guide our marketing team from a leadership standpoint and drive strategies and tactics that allow us to accelerate our position and impact in the healthcare ecosystem.
What will you do?
- Be a core member of the Commercial Leadership team and play a key role in the development of cross functional business processes
- Develop and manage marketing team to a marketing plan with best-in-class commercialization strategies and tactics
- Build GTM and positioning plans for new and existing/evolving products and services
- Develop, test and implement brand messaging, campaigns and marketing materials
- Oversee all digital marketing efforts, including but not limited to social media, customer newsletters, online advertising, SEO, marketing analytics, etc.
- Effectively lead and support all events and PR needs including tradeshows, conferences, webinar series, press releases, white papers, user groups, KOL programs, etc.
- Act as the lead POC for external brand agencies and consultants involved in the design of our website, customer platform/portal, and content; be the in-house creative lead for Velsera material to ensure our voice and visual brand is pulled through all content
- Lead VOC initiatives, and work internally and externally to fully understand customer needs, ensuring we collect, analyze, and appropriately act on/communicate around valuable customer feedback
- Provide segment-specific and product/service-specific content, training & commercialization direction to all externally facing team members
- Work closely with the Sales team on managing contacts and nurturing global leads, holding teams accountable to frequency and quality of communication using KPIs, dashboards and scorecards as needed
- Use feedback from all stakeholders to inform upstream marketing of changing market trends
- Actively participate in key customer visits as needed
- Continuously gain market, customer and competitive insights
- Demonstrate leadership and guidance of the marketing team
- Other duties as assignments
What you bring to the table.
- 10+ years of marketing experience; healthcare or scientific software experience preferred
- 8+ years leading and managing downstream marketing teams and activities
- Proven experience in developing and executing on a marketing plan linked to business goals
- Experience with product marketing in a B2B environment where inbound marketing leads can be converted to qualified sales leads and a pipeline is managed to drive contract wins and long-term customer relationships
- Demonstrated success in managing customer and market insights (through client interaction, VOC programs, events, etc.) to inform product and commercial strategies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Track record of building and developing high-performance marketing teams that can think strategically and execute tactically, successfully influencing a large organization
- Evidence of business expertise, i.e a knowledgeable partner who can make market-based, cost-effective and “customer-obsessed” decisions based on business needs and performance
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
- Experience working in a scientific field or the healthcare industry is also a plus.
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
* A full-suite of industry leading benefits (list by location)
* Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our Core Values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.