Velsera – Medical /
Location: Pune, India
Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
What is the job?
Velsera is currently seeking talented and motivated managers for our knowledge base team. As a manager, you will be managing a team of skilled, innovative and passionate biocurators to enhance our Knowledgebase. Biocurators are skilled scientists with strong molecular biology and cancer biology backgrounds who will curate, interpret and represent the data from a variety of sources into logical rules that form the core of our clinical genomic knowledgebase. You will be responsible for project delivery including project planning and tracking progress, cross-training of team members, communicating with other teams and providing status reports.
What will you do?
- Management / Operations
- Coordinate the operational activities to support project workflow with rapid turnaround times
- Create project plans and track team progress on an ongoing basis. Ensure team goals are met with efficiency and high quality. Learn agile processes and tools to track progress across sprints
- Participate in daily team scrum/team meetings and ensure team members are unblocked and daily activities are completed
- Deliver regular project status updates to team leadership including quality, velocity and other performance metrics
- Maintain team SOPs, Work instructions up to date
- Develop and implement new workflows and strategies as requirements change
- Provide technical direction, mentoring and professional guidance to team members
- Work closely with other teams to ensure all content requirements specifications (e.g. age of content) are met
- Lead efforts in setting of team goals and objectives, and track key results
- Maintain team’s compliance with SDLC, QMS and other regulatory processes defined at organization level to meet quality goals
- Ensure all team members go through required trainings on an ongoing basis and evidences captured
- Evaluate the competency of team on ongoing basis
- Build and maintain effective relationships to create a high level of trust and promote inter-team collaboration
- Demonstrate strong adherence to Pierian core values
- Should be able to understanding of the product, end-to-end workflow and all touchpoints for the given KB team:
- a) Screening, Curation strategies, Reviewer workflow
- b) How rule engine works, how predicates are written
- c) How the curated data is used downstream and how it impacts patient care
- Required domain knowledge to be able to present a problem statement and give opinion/inputs for all basic scientific questions from the team
- Identify potential risks of process, project or design, and report deviation from SOP or WI
- Open to self-training and exploring new technologies
What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D in genetics, genomics, molecular biology or an equivalent with 4+ years of work experience
- Masters degree in molecular biology, genetics, biotechnology or biochemistry with 10+ years of work experience
- Total years of experience: 10+ years with at least 4 years managing a team
- Basic understanding of cancer biology and signaling pathways.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing is highly desirable
- Project management, consulting or operations experience
- Proven track record of executing complex projects
- Experience with project planning and user acceptance testing
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to delegate tasks and coach/mentor team members on scientific topics
- Ability to analyze data/situation and take quick decisions
- Ability to give constructive feedback
- Experience in working with multicultural, multi-location teams
- Solution oriented mindset and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Previous experience as an experimental scientist in applied science or hands-on experience in oncogenomic diagnostic laboratories is a big plus.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Jira is a plus
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
* A full-suite of industry leading benefits (list by location)
* Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our Core Values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.