Market Analyst- Voice of Customer
Velsera – Commercial /
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
You will be responsible for driving programs and initiatives of VoC, voice-of-key-opinion-leaders, early access programs, user-generated marketing programs, user engagement, internal VoC, and downstream marketing support across the company for future, new, and existing solutions in the Velsera portfolio. As part of the Market Analysis team, you will capture, analyze and share insights from external sources (Key Opinion Leaders, customers, prospects, partners, industry players, industry news & market reports, scientific conferences, user group meetings, and more) and internal sources (Field Application Scientists, sales leaders, account managers, customer success leadership, the science and medical departments, corporate business development, and the product team), and inform the team of Product Marketing Managers within the Product Marketing organization, the Product Managers within the Product organization, and the Corp Dev/Science/Medical organizations with documented, actionable insights to support them in driving roadmaps, crafting positioning statements and messages, estimating market sizes, positioning solutions competitively, informing the buy-build-partner framework, and crafting go-to-market plans.
What will you do?
- Engage with Key Opinion Leaders, Organize Voice Of Customer programs, Participate in Early Access initiatives, fostering collaboration and information sharing across different parts of the company where VoC takes place
- Organize Voice of Customer tracks and conversations for strategic marketing insights
- Design and analyze customer centric metrics to build insights and recommendations for improving customer experiences (with the Account management team and customer success team)
- Establish and leverage best-practices for VoC to enhance customer services VoC roadmap
- Leverage existing VOC processes and enhance performance dashboards to track our progress along the customer journey
- Maintain external visibility of trends and best practices in end-to-end customer VOC practices
- Implement tooling to capture, analyze and report user feedback.
- Run continuous Voice of Customer programs to identify market needs, future product and solution opportunities. Collaborate with new product initiatives/ incubation managers in medical and science teams.
- Collaborate with the commercial team to collect market intelligence from customer success/ account management leadership, Key Opinion Leaders, & product/market/scientific advisors.
- Conduct win/loss analysis with the broader commercial team.
- Synthesize feedback, refine user personas, confirm requirements informing product roadmaps. Interview industry leaders on market trends, workflow requirements, gaps in current commercial and research offerings, future product requirements, new technologies and applications impact on solution capabilities needed.
- Customer outreach - Ensure User Group Meetings and customer-facing events are sources for customer intelligence, market insights and competitive analysis
- Internal insights
- Together with Product and Customer Success teams, perform market, competitor, product and user research.
- Capture, analyze and share from internal sources: support team, customer success, ticketing, software user feedback tooling, commercial team input.
- Work very closely with sales account managers, customer success, FAS team, the support teams across the organization to uncover internal insights, customer asks, insights our own teams are uncovering as they engage with customers pre- and post-sales.
- Customer use cases - capture, analyze and share customer overt and unspoken needs - in applications, clinical and discovery use cases
- Market sizing and application trends
- Support product managers with market trends (applications, technologies), identify new and adjacent clinical and research applications, technology maturity and traction
- Assess total addressable market (TAM) size for specific vertical markets, application domains, and product/solutions; Identify and analyze market segments and sizing, industry trends, new and adjacent applications, track emerging use cases, assess, synthesize & document findings.
- Together with Product Marketing and Commercial Marketing, support the development of sales enablement tools, such as battle cards, qualifying questions, questions & objections
- Capture, analyze and share competitive intelligence.
- Derive input for competitive positioning together with Product Marketing managers
- Keep track of key companies in the space and their competitive positioning vs Velsera.
- Capture, analyze and share competitive intelligence, support product managers with market trends (applications, technologies)
Sales enablement and competitive insights
What do you bring to the table?
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience in performing Voice of Customer initiatives in health/ molecular diagnostics/ medical device / pharma industry.
- BS / BA required, MBA/ PhD is a plus
- You have a background in the diagnostic, pharma, research as well as discovery arena, and a deep understanding of human genomics
- You can make complex ideas come to life and evangelize around new applications
- You’re tech savvy, and can evaluate, set up, and train on the use of tools for customer interview transcription and annotation, company-wide knowledge sharing, customer idea capture, and roadmap planning
- Experience developing key metrics and tracking satisfaction across the customer journey
- Experience analyzing root causes of VoC improvement opportunities, able to synthesize complex information into simple messages for broader stakeholder consumption
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate complex ideas and build and use relationships and network to acquire relevant information
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in fast-paced, challenging environment and manage multiple, and oftentimes competing, priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in driving VOC and related metrics
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – and active listening skills
- Strong project management capabilities; organized with high attention to detail
- Experience with of survey and reporting tools highly recommended
- Experience with continuous process improvements is a plus.
- Extroverted personality; great with customers, partners and prospects; a self-starter, team player, quick learner, hands on.
- Great analysis and synthesis skills - you are capable of analyzing broad, unstructured sets of findings, nuggets of conversations, online sources, contradicting reports, online reads, unstructured customer conversations… and synthesize them into market knowledge, clinical and scientific applications, & technology trends
- You have excellent writing and presentation skills
- Collaboration is a key skill required as it is a highly cross-functional role.
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
- A full-suite of industry leading benefits
- Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our core values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.