Key Account Manager (Life Sciences)
Velsera – Commercial /
Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
Reporting to the Regional Lead, as a Key Account Manager you will drive new business development opportunities within its assigned key accounts and expand existing relationships with key decision-makers. Working with internal teams to meet prospect/client needs and ultimately navigate through the prospect’s/client’s buying processes to reach successful closure, this position will be responsible for playing a key role in developing and executing Velsera's business strategy and expanding our growth opportunities in the Strategic Biopharma segment.
Velsera is a ‘Remote Friendly’ company. For this position, the successful candidate could be based Europe remote.
What you will be working on:
- Develop long-term relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers at each account and orchestrate the account expansion to grow and retain strategic customers at all levels within the organization.
- Develop business and expansion strategy plans for assigned key accounts, and execute the plan to achieve and/or exceed quota targets.
- Prospect for new opportunities within your strategic customer base.
- Maintain a robust and up-to-date opportunity pipeline, including a combination of new key businesses and expansion opportunities within each existing account and provide regular pipeline and forecast updates to senior leadership.
- Manage clients’ satisfaction and report any critical needs identified, including feature/functionality requests, and support resolution.
- Develop and deliver presentations, proposals and RFP responses to meet expressed and anticipated customer needs.
- Follow industry trends and competitor strategy to distinguish and leverage key differentiators.
- Provide regular pipeline and forecast updates to senior leadership.
- Maintain a current and appropriate understanding of genomics, bioinformatics analysis, and prospect/client-related scientific direction.
- Travel may be required up to 30%
Do you have what it takes?
- 10+ years of direct selling experience in selling SaaS solutions to strategic pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Execute multimillion-dollar sales cycle in a consultative selling setting.
- Knowledge of strategic sales development techniques essential and SFDC, Microsoft office experience strongly preferred.
- BS in Genetics, microbiology or a related degree. MS or PhD degree in genetics or a life science-related field is strongly preferred
- An ability to network at all levels within an organization. Establish relationships with senior management in pharma/biotech with ease and nurture a long-term relationship to become their trusted advisor
- Ability to understand and present technical and/or scientific concepts and material clearly and effectively
- Team player with an ability to thrive while working independently, and also as part of a collaborative team environment
What do we offer?
- Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space. Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
- A full-suite of industry leading benefits:
- Challenging career opportunities,
- Employer paid health insurance
- Flexible time off policy
- Retirement options and an environment that recognize and rewards performance.
- Uncapped earnings potential, opportunity to join both as a key player in an exciting and high growth potential space, as well as a sales team early on with room for growth and expansion of responsibilities
- Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our core values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship