Account Executive DACH
Europe Remote /
Velsera – Commercial /
Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care. We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive to uncover and close sales opportunities for our products and services in the DACH region, to implement strategies to connect our products and services with qualified organizations and to ensure overall organization profitability. The Account Executive will proactively drive new business sales and new customer acquisition in an assigned territory. This position also contributes significantly to ensuring our solutions are meeting market needs and requirements.
Velsera is a ‘Remote Friendly’ company. The successful candidate for this position could be remote within Germany, Austria, or Switzerland.
What will you do?
- Establish relationships with key client decision makers to understand their business goals and how we could help them achieve desired results
- Create quarterly business plans to include sales product penetration and quota achievement on an annual/quarterly/monthly basis
- Records sales activities in CRM
- Maintains high post-sales satisfaction, facilitating positive long-term relationships and high potential for repeat business with customers
- Networks with industry influencers, professional associations, consultants, team members, and existing clients
- Maintains an understanding of trends/issues within the healthcare industry that affect physician practices
- Works local and national trade shows
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor of Science degree in life science, biology, with an advanced degree preferred
- 4-5 years of sales experience in a molecular diagnostic setting ideally in the territory of competence
- Experience in working with major cancer centers and clinics, commercial labs, and large health systems
- Understanding of Comprehensive genomic Sequencing and Somatic Cancer testing, and microbiology
- Understanding of key technology and healthcare concepts required to sell complex solutions
- Experience selling directly to clinical Pathologists and Genomic Laboratories; experience selling to Microbiology labs is a plus
- Previous experience with Customer management programs HubSpot or Salesforce.com is a plus
- Experience with SaaS-based and Enterprise Healthcare Software
- Demonstrated, measurable revenue generation at either a diagnostic, pharmaceutical, clinical software, or relevant biotechnology company
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in the English language and at least one additional language (German preferred)
- Ability to travel as and when needed
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our core values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.