Software Engineer (Frontend)
Velsera – Technology /
Software Engineer (Frontend)
Location: Pune, India
Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
What is the job?
Velsera is seeking talented and motivated software engineers to contribute to the design, implementation, and deployment of existing and future products. You will be part of the industry-leading team developing software solutions for clinical laboratories.
What will you do?
- Design, develop and deploy highly responsive UI components using React
- Create Frontend features by Leverage the inbuilt React toolkit
- Use tools & frameworks to improve the structure and maintainability of the front-end code where possible
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture using react concepts and workflows to support user interface concepts
- Integrate all UI elements with backend through backend APIs
- Translate wireframes and designs into good quality code
- Review and Understand application requirements & interface designs and Identify web-based user interactions
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes
- Install and configure server environments for React deployments
- Build a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Pipeline for Frontend components
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of UI and react development
- Work as part of a team developing applications and services using Agile development methods
- Consults Product Managers, Tech Leads, UX Designer and Backend Engineers in the requirement definition concerning the development of the requirement
What do you bring to the table?
- At least 3 years of Software Development professional experience in Front end technologies
- Complete understanding of ReactJS and its main fundamentals like JSX, Virtual DOM, component lifecycle, etc.
- Preceding experience with ReactJS workflows like Flux, Redux, Create React App, data structure libraries
- Understanding of RESTful APIs/ GraphQL, HTML/CSS, ES6 (variables and scoping, array methods), code versioning tools like GIT, SVN, etc., popular frontend development tools, CI/CD tools, DevOps, performance testing frameworks like Mocha, Node + NPM
- Excellent application development background and understanding of Web Application technologies and techniques
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Experience development of large-scale consumer facing micro-services solution is highly recommended
- Should able to communicate and co-ordinate with distributed team across the world
- Familiarity with code versioning tools viz. Git, Bitbucket
- Strong understanding of AWS DevOps, Jenkins, Docker, CI/ CD process
- Working experience in Software Life Cycles for Medical Device Development (International Standards: ISO 13485:2016)
- Understanding of data security concepts
- Experience with SaaS products and large customer bases
Good to have
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
* A full-suite of industry leading benefits (list by location)
* Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our Core Values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.