Learning and Development Design Specialist
Velsera – Commercial /
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
What will you do?
- Oversee and/or manage complex projects.
- Provide advice and design support for the development of electronic surveys, and/or develop surveys based on requirements from end user. Perform analysis and reporting of survey results, as needed.
- The design and development of training assessment tools and methodologies within scope of the projects.
- Provide help in the planning, direction, supervision, and instructional design of learning curricula, while carefully integrating learning and motivation theory, research, and technology, where appropriate.
- Design end user materials, to include concept materials, work instructions, job aids, simulations, assessments, videos, onboarding packages, and eLearning courseware in support of annual business objectives. Follows principles of adult learning and departmental instructional design standards.
- In collaboration with the training team, design and develop trainer materials to include, slide decks, classroom support materials, videos, and train-the-trainer packages.
- Supports departmental implementations for new starts and acquisitions, and new or upgraded system deployments.
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals/groups at all levels within the organization.
- Strong instructional design background with at least 6 years of practical experience
- Working knowledge of principles of adult learning, learning styles, retention rates, and instructional design/development methodology such as SAM, ADDIE, Gagne, or Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Proficiency with common instructional design tools such as Snag-It, Camtasia, Articulate suite (Storyline 360, Rise 360, and Studio 360), Captivate, Lectora, Photoshop, and other technical tools used to support training processes
- eLearning development experience, including designing, developing, and deploying training content
- Working knowledge of learning management systems, preferably SuccessFactors, Healthstream, and/or Skillsoft Percipio, including loading, testing, and troubleshooting courses, managing content, assigning training, and pulling reports
- Experience testing and troubleshooting SCORM issues using SCORM Cloud and other similar applications
- Able to deal with a large number of tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of assessment, survey, and feedback methodologies and tools.
- Capable of working independently, self-managing workload, and delivering appropriate feedback to management as required.
- Experience with current project management best practices.
- Demonstrated success in leading training and development projects/teams from project inception to final customer satisfaction reporting.
- Serve as an adult learning industry “expert” resource for business sponsors, serving on, or leading work groups, task forces, etc. in support of business objectives.
$80,000 - $90,000 biweekly
Our core values:
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.