Velsera – Business Operations /
Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
As a member of the Finance Team at Seven Bridges and Pierian, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for posting and reconciling key general ledger activities and accounts, managing accounts payable, assisting with customer collections, as well as improving our internal processes. This role reports to the Finance Manager and will interact with customers, vendors and other members of the organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a go-getter to demonstrate exceptional accounting and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
What will you do?
- Record daily bank transactions, cash customer’s check payments, reconcile cash transactions and respond to customer’s daily inquiries
- Process and pay accounts payable invoices, establish relationships with key vendors, and prepare weekly accounts payable aging report
- Perform reconciliation of balance sheet accounts; fixed assets, prepaids and accrued expenses etc.
- Assist with annual external financial statement audit
- Manage and maintain corporate credit card transactions to ensure ownership/division accuracy
- Internal point of contact for the department regarding various needs like AP questions and collection questions
- Assist with customer invoicing and collections
- Implement and optimize process improvements as required
What you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-3 years of public or general accounting experience
- Ability to work in our Charlestown, MA office at least two days a week
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrate attention to detail and excellent organization, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and consistently meet assigned deadlines and work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external entities to maximize performance, problem-solving and results
- Demonstrate a proficiency in use of cloud-based technology as well as MS Office applications. Advanced knowledge and experience with Adobe and Excel, such as how to create charts and graphs is required. Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
- A full suite of industry leading benefits
- Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our core values:
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.