Junior Software Engineer - Full stack
Velsera – Technology /
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
As a software engineer you'll join our development team in making the Velsera vision a reality. We have a diverse team where you’ll be able to learn from others and where your experience will be required to meet our goals. The engineering team finds pride in applying proper software engineering techniques, while working towards results the agile way.
What will you do?
- You will develop features in our application stack, using C#/.NET in the backend & TypeScript/Angular in the frontend.
- You will build a deep understanding of our application domain in order to create correct domain model abstractions.
- You will work as part of a cross-functional team, developing applications and services using Agile development methods.
- You will learn quickly from experienced colleagues, while you will be doing meaningful work from day one.
What do you bring to the table?
- You have a bachelors or masters degree in computer science.
- You aspire for clean code and object-oriented design.
- You have some experience or at least great interest in C#, ASP.NET Core Web API.
- You have a good understanding of modern front-end development: Angular, TypeScript.
- Preferably you are familiar with Azure SQL Server, NoSQL.
- You have knowledge of Docker, Python, Microservices architecture, …
- You are fluently in English & Dutch (speaking and writing alike).
- We do not expect you to be an expert from day one, but we do expect a motivated and can-do attitude.
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
- A company car + fuel card (or mobility budget)
- Meal + eco vouchers
- Mobile subscription
- Hospitalization insurance
- Flexible time off
- Flexible working hours
- You’ll work from our offices in Hasselt, Belgium, with an option to work from home for 3 days a week
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our Core Values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.