Velsera – Commercial /
Base Location: Pune, India.
Who is Velsera?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
What is the Job?
You will join the Product Marketing team as our Market Analyst, capturing market insights and competitive intelligence. You will contribute individually to capture, analyze and share insights from external (Key Opinion Leaders, customers, prospects, partners, industry players, industry news & market reports, scientific conferences, user group meetings…) and internal (FAS, sales leaders, account managers, customer success leadership, scientists, CMO, business development, product team) stakeholders, and inform the team of Product Marketing Managers, Product Managers and Corporate development teams with documented, actionable insights to support them in driving roadmaps, crafting positioning statements and messages, estimating market sizes, and crafting go-to-market plans.
What will you do?
- Industry and application trends - support product managers with market trends (applications, technologies), identify new and adjacent clinical and research applications; technology maturity and traction
- Market sizing - assess TAM (total addressable market) and Serviceable Available Market (SAM) size for specific vertical markets, application domains, and product/solutions; Identify and analyze market segments and sizing, industry trends, new and adjacent applications, track emerging use cases, assess, synthesize & document findings
- Internal insights - together with Product and Customer Success teams, perform product and user research; capture, analyze and share from internal sources: support team, customer success, ticketing, software user feedback tooling, commercial team input; work very closely with sales account managers, customer success, FAS team, the support teams across the organization to uncover internal insights, customer asks, insights our own teams are uncovering as they engage with customers pre- and post-sales.
- Competitive insights - capture, analyze and share competitive intelligence; derive input for competitive positioning together with Product Marketing managers; Keep track of key companies in the space and their competitive positioning vs M51; capture, analyze and share competitive intelligence, support product managers with market trends (applications, technologies)
- Customer use cases - capture, analyze and share customer overt and unspoken needs - in applications, clinical and discovery use cases
- Sales enablement - together with Product Marketing and Commercial Marketing, support the development of sales enablement tools, such as battle cards, qualifying questions, questions and objections
- Customer outreach - Ensure User Group Meetings and customer-facing events are sources for customer intelligence, market insights and competitive analysis
- Review win/loss analysis as conducted by the sales analytics team. Interview industry leaders on market trends, workflow requirements, gaps in current commercial and research offerings, future product requirements, new technologies and applications impact on solution capabilities needed.
What do you bring to the table?
- At least 3 years of experience in performing industry analysis in health/ molecular diagnostics/ medical device / pharma industry.
- BS / BA required, MBA/ PhD is a plus
- You have a background in the diagnostic, pharmaceutical, research as well as discovery arena, and a deep understanding of genomics
- Skilled in data mining, summarizing market intelligence reports, data-driven insights, competitive / marketing intelligence
- Great analysis and synthesis skills - you are capable of analyzing broad, unstructured sets of findings, nuggets of conversations, online sources, contradicting reports, online reads, unstructured customer conversations… and synthesize them into market knowledge, clinical and scientific applications, & technology trends
- Analyze varied types of data (such as reimbursement), and statistics to provide market insights and business recommendations.
- Thorough understanding of all categories and sub-categories within the multi-omics research and diagnostics value chain.
- Extraction of information/content extraction through the sources of information (through Primary and secondary research)
- A self-starter, team player, quick learner, hands on, out-of the box thinker.
- You have excellent presentation skills
- You can make complex ideas come to life and evangelize around new applications
- You’re tech savvy, and can evaluate, set up, and train on the use of tools for customer interview transcription and annotation, company-wide knowledge sharing, customer idea capture, and roadmap planning
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate complex ideas and build and use relationships and network to acquire relevant information
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in fast-paced, challenging environment and manage multiple, and oftentimes competing, priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – and active listening skills
- Experience with data analysis and reporting tools highly recommended
- Experience with continuous process improvements is a plus.
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
* A full-suite of industry leading benefits (list by location)
* Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our Core Values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.