Territory Sales Manager (Life Sciences)
Velsera – Commercial /
Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
The Senior Account Executive will drive new business development opportunities and build relationships with key decision-makers in the top 10-15 largest pharmaceutical companies. In addition, they will be required to work with internal teams to meet prospect/client needs and ultimately navigate through the prospect’s/client’s buying processes to reach successful closure. This position will be responsible for playing a key role in developing and executing Seven Bridges’ business strategy and expanding our growth opportunities into the Biopharma segment.
What will you do?
- Develop new business opportunities through proactive identification and qualification of key contacts within assigned accounts and targets.
- Coordinate with the Seven Bridges Senior Management team on all business development activities and enlist support proactively when required.
- Develop and implement account strategies and sales plans to achieve and or exceed quota targets.
- Anticipate and mitigate prospect/client challenges through proactive engagement methodologies.
- Cross functional collaboration within Seven Bridges and prospect/client teams to develop and scope solutions.
- Manage up to date activity, planning, and forecasting of all qualified opportunities throughout the sales process to closure status.
- Build and/or maintain a current and appropriate high-level understanding of genomics, bioinformatics analysis, and prospect/client related critical business issues in order to have independent, productive conversations with key persona
- Active participation at industry meetings and conferences as required to represent Seven Bridges.
- Develop and deliver presentations, proposals, and RFP responses to meet expressed and anticipated customer needs.
- Closely manage software trials and pilots to ensure a successful outcome.
- Follow industry trends and competitor strategy to distinguish and leverage key differentiators.
- Travel may be required.
What do you bring to the table?
- 10+ years’ experience selling SaaS solutions into the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or Genomics segment.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in a Life Science related field of study. An understanding of, or experience in genomics, whilst not required, would be an advantage.
- Ability to secure meetings, develop and expand relationships to deliver on business commitments and sales goals.
- Successful track record selling solutions into the life science/genomics market with a preference for SaaS and/or complex software sales.
- An ability to network at all levels within an organization. Establish relationships within large pharma/biotech desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to understand and present technical and/or scientific concepts and material clearly and effectively.
- Compelling drive and energy to overachieve targets.
- Proven team player with an ability to thrive working independently as well as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of strategic sales development techniques, SFDC, G Suite experience preferred.
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
- A full-suite of industry leading benefits
- Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our core values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.