Velsera – Science /
Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
As the Scientist, Scientific Center of Excellence, you will play a critical role in setting the long term vision and direction of Seven Bridges products. You will work to ensure that scientific rigor is deeply woven throughout all of our offerings, through the design and development of the “Science First” Initiative at Seven Bridges.
As a key member of the Strategy and Scientific Excellence Teams, you will act as a strategic scientific partner and collaborate closely throughout the organization to develop solutions to customer needs and extend application research in all sectors. Ability to effectively work in a team-oriented setting with cross-functional stakeholders is essential. Key internal partners for this position include business units, product planning, strategy management, and business development functions.
Do you want to help us grow a healthier tomorrow?
What you'll be doing:
- Providing expert, subject matter specific insights to inform product and application development and corporate strategy
- Developing compelling, rigorous, and scientifically motivated demonstrations of Seven Bridges products and technologies in partnership with scientists both within and outside of Seven Bridges
- Evaluating new technologies, analytical approaches, and developing novel use cases to expand the art of the possible
- Partnering with the scientific engagement, strategy, sales, technology teams and other members of the organization to envision solutions for complex client current, and future, needs
- Enabling cutting edge science capabilities for our customers and users through a “Science First” approach
- Elevating scientific knowledge across the company
- Helping to establish a scientific repository, for the collection, maintenance, and distribution of scientific knowledge and expertise that's searchable for all employees
- Building relationships with thought leaders in the scientific community
- Communicating the value of Seven Bridges products
- Serving as a champion of Seven Bridges in community standards organizations and consortia
Do you have what it takes?
- Passion for advancing biomedical research
- Advanced degree (PhD/ MD / MBA) and/or 10+ years experience in life sciences R&D, genomics, bioinformatics, drug discovery/development and/or related fields
- 5+ years demonstrable success executing advanced scientific programs, ideally in pharma, biotech, or research organizations
- Experience supporting success of internal or external clients
- Experience leading strategic initiatives via consortia working groups
- Experience creating successful outcomes via cross-functional, geographically distributed teams
- Ability to ask questions, constantly learn, adapt, and evolve
- Ability to manage uncertainty, demonstrate good judgment, and incorporate data into decisions whenever appropriate
- Exceptional communication via both written and oral communication channels; particularly the ability to communicate highly technical information accurately and concisely to non-domain experts.
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
- A full-suite of industry leading benefits (list by location)
- Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our core values
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.