Sr. Product Designer, Supply (Remote)
Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $320+ million in SaaS purchases across 1,000+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 80+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
In March 2021 we announced that we raised $60 million at a $600 million valuation for our Series A, backed by Tiger Global (2021), Craft Ventures (David Sacks), Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $320M+ in software spend
- Saved $70M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
Come join us on our mission to create price transparency in SaaS! You'll be working in lock-step with our other designers and product managers to build the future of Vendr. We have a lot to do and are moving quickly, guided by data and customer need. There are opportunities to work on both internal and external products, and you’ll be working on every stage of it.
Starting a new project, you'll be expected to run and assist in user research. We frequently talk and Slack with customers, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party suppliers to dig into their workflows and pain points. Vendr is fundamentally changing the way that SaaS is transacted, so understanding the ins and outs is vital.
From there, you'll own your designs from beginning to end - from ideation and wireframes, to high-fidelity prototypes. We hold weekly design reviews with Design, Product, and Engineering for feedback and to keep the team in sync with what’s coming up next. In addition to design review, you'll be an active member of stand-up, grooming, planning, and sprint retrospective meetings.
Who we're looking for:
- You know how to build and optimize tools so they're wicked-fast to use. The act of copying+pasting text from one tool to another or filling out forms that could have been pre-populated physically pains you.
- You love design feedback and know how to translate it into usable actions and outputs.
- You have experience designing for multiple stakeholders. At Vendr we think of ourselves as having 3 core user groups: our customers, SaaS suppliers, and our internal users.
- You’re comfortable conducting user research and using these findings to inform design, quickly. We put an emphasis on working fast, so wireframes and other low-fidelity designs are used frequently to validate your ideas.
- You have experience working with and/or helping create a design system. Design and Engineering are in the first stages of putting this together to streamline and consolidate components.
- 4+ years of experience in product design building digital SaaS products, preferably used to working in an agile software development process.
- Comfort working in ambiguity, able to move fast, and stay on your toes. We know design takes time, but we believe we’ll learn the most when getting things out in front of users fast and iterating frequently.
- Strong visual design chops (strong typography, layout and visual design skills). While you’ll be doing both UX and UI work, we’re looking for someone who’s ready to put their visual design skills to use.
- A desire to be part of a small growing team. As the 3rd designer, you’ll be helping build something from the ground up! We’re not just looking for another designer, but for a teammate who wants to be a key member in growing Vendr.
- Experience Sketch and Invision (or something similar).
- An impressive portfolio that shows products you’ve worked on, as well as the decision making that went into them.
Vendr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.