Mass Spectrometry Senior Scientist
South San Francisco, California /
Pre Clinical Sciences – Applied Pre Clinical /
Full Time Employee
InterVenn Biosciences is seeking mass spectrometry scientists to join our highly collaborative and supportive mass spectrometry team. Candidates will have substantive experience in the field of mass spectrometry-based proteomics/glycoproteomics, and will be highly motivated and resourceful. Their work will enable qualitative and quantitative epi-proteomics workflow development for innovative biomarker discovery.
We are not married to specific tools, technologies, or shiny objects. We ask questions until we arrive at the best answer to the patient. We believe glycoproteins are a new language of biology we are translating for the benefit of patients, researchers, science, and medicine. We have diverse backgrounds and experiences, skeptical about the status quo yet solution-oriented. If this sounds like a good fit, read on.
- Lead projects in analytical method development and optimization. Develop LC-MS based targeted biomarker assay (SRM/MRM) and facilitate method validation activities.
- Be responsible for mass spectrometry instrumentation operation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Train and supervise new analysts in glycoproteomics mass spectrometry workflows.
- Manage multiple projects within timelines according to high scientific and ethical standards.
- Align and collaborate with project managers, data science team and clinical laboratory personnel across the biomarker assay product portfolio.
- Promote a culture of transparency and traceability across all aspects of laboratory operations.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences, chemistry, or analytical chemistry.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of different types of mass spectrometers, especially triple-quadrupole MS (QQQ).
- Extensive experience in targeted mass spectrometry-based proteomics/glycoproteomics.
- Extensive knowledge of application of complex sample preparation methodologies for protein mass spectrometry workflows, implementing quantitative mass spectrometry-based strategies, in particular SRM/MRM methods.
- Proven track record of LC-MS based method development and validation for proteomics biomarker assays.
- Applied knowledge of/experience with MS software analysis pipelines.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech, diagnostic, or life-science-tools industry is preferred.
- Experience in developing computational algorithms proteomics data processing and skills in computational programming languages (e.g. Python) is a plus.
- Working experience in regulatory-compliant environments (GxP) and familiarity with regulatory guidelines on bioanalysis (FDA, CLSI etc.) is a plus.
- Proven record of being a fast learner, flexible, and mindful team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.