Software QA Engineer
Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Metro Manila /
Software Engineering – QA /
Full Time Employee
As a Software QA Engineer, you are responsible to ensure that the design and software adhere to company standards. You are also responsible to help meet deadlines by breaking up the development process into attainable testing goals and relaying any issues back to the development and product teams or leaders. Duties include identifying and analyzing any bugs and errors found during the test phase and documenting them for review after. Other tasks include developing and running new tests, reporting on the results, and collaborating with software developers to fix program issues. You will also be responsible for the creation and execution of testing scenarios and cases to identify and resolve issues before the product launch, as well as writing automated testing scripts to ensure efficient and high-quality work.
We are not married to specific tools, technologies, or shiny objects. We ask questions until we arrive at the best answer to the patient. We believe glycoproteins are a new language of biology we are translating for the benefit of patients, researchers, science, and medicine. We have diverse backgrounds and experiences, skeptical about the status quo yet solution-oriented. If this sounds like a good fit, read on.
We are seeking for an analytical, results-driven Software QA Engineer who will work with team members to analyze and improve products and processes. The Software QA Engineer will use his or her understanding to help perform high-quality testing of various software, engage and participate in business meetings to supply ideas and suggestions to the team, analyze problems and provide solutions to help with the development process and improve the products.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, Document test cases, and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, isolate, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs throughout testing.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Investigate the causes of any potential of non-conforming software that users might encounter and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts. * Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company's success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Perform manual and automated testing
- Perform Functional Testing, Non-Functional Testing, Automation Testing
- Eagerness to learn
- Experience in Automation testing tools