Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Metro Manila /
Software Engineering – Business Analysis /
As a Business Analyst, you are responsible for bridging the gap between the Software Engineer Team and the Business to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations. You must efficiently gather and analyze requirements and communicate them to the software engineering team. You will be the vital link between the software development capacity and the business objectives.
We are not married to specific tools, technologies, or shiny objects. We ask questions until we arrive at the best answer to the patient. We believe glycoproteins are a new language of biology we are translating for the benefit of patients, researchers, science, and medicine. We have diverse backgrounds and experiences, skeptical about the status quo yet solution-oriented. If this sounds like a good fit, read on.
We are seeking an analytical, detail-oriented, and results-driven Business Analyst who will work with cross-functional team/s to analyze and improve products and processes. The Business Analyst will lead the process of defining, analyzing, and documenting requirements.
- Prepares business and functional requirements for new and existing processes
- Supports Business Requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for product and initiatives with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context, and design, and user interface designs
- Authoring thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of the systems, including business requirements, functional requirements, end to end process flows, use cases, and Business System Concept documents
- Obtains sign-offs and managing requirements change.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of business process area(s) and software products.
- Participates in and contributes positively to work/team environment
- Actively manages Stakeholders of all levels by leading discussions of project scope and approach, and presenting business analysis findings/documentation and proposed solutions
- Ensures that the business and the Development and QA teams fully understand requirements prior to requirements finalization date during release, by conducting walkthroughs of all requirements documents.
- Documents all BA-led meetings with Working Team, Development, and QA to ensure all participants are clear on the discussions and takeaways.
- Coordinates and facilitates cross-application meetings to define business processes and functional requirements
- Performs business process workflow analysis and re-engineering.
- Defines processing logic and translates high-level business requirements into detailed functional design documents
- Develops and maintains user documentation and instructions for all systems
- Works throughout the development process to ensure that results conform to defined requirements
- Drive discussions with the product owner and/or business partners to understand the process, the problem, and then brainstorm solution scenarios
- Actively engage product owner or business SME to translate solution needs into actionable user stories
- Facilitate and support product backlog management
- Partner with product owners/SMEs to define & refine acceptance criteria
- Partner with developers on reviewing user stories for understanding and scoring
- Negotiate with product owners/business experts on alternative solutions
- Secure approval & change management activities with the QA/RA team before release
- Experience gathering and consolidating requirements from cross-functional, multi-location groups
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constantly changing timelines
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company's success
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Exceptional process and organizational skills with the ability to mobilize change
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Proven experience of at least 4 years as a Business Analyst or other similar position