Mass Spectrometry Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist
South San Francisco, California /
Pre Clinical Sciences – Applied Pre Clinical /
Full Time Employee
InterVenn Biosciences is seeking mass spectrometry scientists to join our highly collaborative and supportive mass spectrometry team. The desired candidates would have experience in the field of mass spectrometry- based proteomics, highly motivated and resourceful. Their work will enable qualitative and quantitative epi- proteomics workflow development for innovative biomarker discovery.
- Oversee mass spectrometry instrumentation operation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Lead laboratory operations in development of sample preparation, peptide separation methods, data analysis and interpretation, glycoproteomic technology evaluation, glycoproteomic software evaluation.
- The junior roles will provide support to the technical leads.
- Discover, develop and implement innovative proteomic capabilities for our biomarker discovery platform.
- Train and supervise new analysts in glycoprotein mass spectrometry workflows
- Manage multiple projects within timelines according to high scientific and ethical standards.
- Align and collaborate with project managers, computational biologists and software development project leads across the biomarker discovery project portfolio.
- Promote a culture of transparency and traceability across all aspects of laboratory operations.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences, chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- Extensive experience (> 4 years for the Sr Scientist role and > 8 years for Principal scientist) in applied mass spectrometry-based proteomics is required.
- Industry experience and oncology training is advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge and application of complex sample preparation methodologies as applied to protein mass spectrometry workflows, implementing quantitative mass spectrometry-based strategies including label-free analyses (DIA, PRM/SRM) methods.
- Experience in relevant methodologies including feature discovery, protein post-translation modification identification, glycome and glycoproteome analyses.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of different types of mass spectrometers
- Applied knowledge with MS software analysis pipelines
- Proven record of being a fast learner, flexible, excellent communicator and mindful team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.