South San Francisco, California /
Bioinformatics and Data Science – Bioinformatics /
Full Time Employee
A statistical professional with wide-ranging experience analyzing clinical and biomarker data. You bring rigor to the table in your ability to work with diverse patient populations and outcomes. A skilled data modeler with knowledge of machine learning approaches, study design, and cutting edge statistical techniques. You are motivated to find the best estimate of truth in complex datasets, and to apply your powers in the service of patient-centric products. If this is you, please read on.
We are tapping into a new level of biological understanding. Glycoproteomics is the language that InterVenn is translating for the benefit of patients, researchers, and human health. Our diverse backgrounds and experiences have culminated in a unique startup working at the intersection of mass spectrometry, glycobiology, and AI to develop precision medicine products. If this sounds like a good fit, please read on.
We are seeking a bright, experienced individual to join as a Senior Biostatistician. The optimal candidate will have directly applied their programming and statistical knowledge to develop clinical diagnostics. This candidate will work closely with the Clinical Sciences team on a variety of projects, carrying out statistical analysis and developing classification algorithms to be employed in hospitals around the world. A desire to guide talented employees earlier in their careers is crucial. For this employee, statistical analysis is not an abstract exercise – the fruits of their labor will directly affect patient lives.
- Develop, validate, and expand diagnostic products currently under development
- Serve the needs of the Clinical Sciences team in study design and addressing population heterogeneity
- Program in R and assess data pipelines for general use in clinical implementation
- Assess batch normalization efforts in a new layer of -omics
- Ensure quality assurance needs in an end-to-end data workflow
- Direct a small team of data scientists in cohort analyses
- Work with R&D in analytical validation of novel biomarkers
- Keep up-to-date with data modeling techniques as applied to clinical populations
- Distill complicated data science into reports and digestible insights for the greater company
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or Bioinformatics, plus 3 years experience modeling health care data in industry or academia
- Alternatively, an MS in a similar quantitative field with 6+ years relevant experience
- Extensive experience in the R programming language, utilizing statistical packages, and working within ML conventions
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience analyzing genomic or proteomic biomarkers
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments such as Google Cloud and AWS is also a plus
- Familiarity with shell scripting, the Linux operating system, Python, or Github will be useful as well
- Ability to come up to speed quickly and seek out new solutions independently
- A genuine desire to impact patient lives and contribute to the greater scientific community