South San Francisco, California /
Pre Clinical Sciences – Exploratory Pre Clinical /
Full Time Employee
InterVenn Biosciences is seeking a Research Associate to join our highly collaborative and supportive biomarker discovery team. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and resourceful individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Their work will enable qualitative and quantitative epi-proteomics workflow development for innovative biomarker discovery.
We are not married to specific tools, technologies, or shiny objects. We ask questions until we arrive at the best answer to the patient. We believe glycoproteins are a new language of biology we are translating for the benefit of patients, researchers, science, and medicine. We have diverse backgrounds and experiences, skeptical about the status quo yet solution-oriented. If this sounds like a good fit, read on.
- Conduct experiments for the development of sample preparation and peptide separation methods, glycoproteomic technology evaluation, data analysis and interpretation, and glycoproteomic software evaluation.
- Prepare biological samples and run assays on instruments under general guidance
- Document experimental work, analyze data, document and present results
- Prepare written methods and SOPs. Perform mass spectrometry instrumentation operation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Manage multiple projects within timelines according to high scientific and ethical standards
- Align and collaborate with project managers, computational biologists and software development project leads across the biomarker discovery project portfolio
- Promote a culture of transparency and traceability across all aspects of laboratory operations.
- BS/BA in life sciences, chemistry or related fields.
- Wet chemistry and biochemistry laboratory experience in industry or academia
- Experience with proteomics, liquid chromatography or mass spectrometry is preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute research experiments.
- Proven record of being a fast learner, flexible, excellent communicator and mindful team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.