Summer 2017 Internship
New York, NY and Providence, RI
We’re seeking highly motivated college students to join our team and help make sure Training Camp 2017 goes off without a hitch. Training Camp is a rigorous 5-week program, held on campus at Brown University, that will prepare the Venture for America Class of 2017 to hit the ground running as early-stage startup employees and entrepreneurs. We’re looking for energetic, reliable team players who are excited to work closely with one department at VFA, while still pitching in each day to ensure that Training Camp's (many!) moving parts run smoothly.
This 10-week internship runs from May 30-August 4, with some flexibility around start and end dates. Before and after Training Camp, you’ll work from VFA headquarters in NYC.
- A high-achieving college student in any major and any year.
- Someone who has had one or more previous internships or other professional experience.
- Open to challenges and a high level of responsibility; you’re an ambitious self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A team player who feels that no task is too small. You’re ready to fix A/V problems, take out the trash after events, and generally do whatever it takes to keep Training Camp running seamlessly.
- An excellent communicator who can represent VFA professionally while interacting with Fellows, high-level supporters, and other Training Camp guests.
- Strongly aligned with VFA’s values and excited about our mission.
What you'll do:
- Work full-time in Providence, RI from June 18 - July 21, and from VFA’s headquarters in New York City before (May 30 - June 17) and after Training Camp (July 22 - August 4).
- Be part of the core team managing daily operations at Training Camp, including the schedule and other logistics.
- Work closely with one of the following teams where you’ll manage at least one major project that will serve as the capstone of your internship: Marketing, Talent, Programs: Guest Experience, Programs: Fellow Experience, Development
- Serve as a capable utility player. You’ll do everything from preparing materials for training sessions to working with outside vendors to setting up spaces for events.
- Be a resource for Fellows and plan activities to enhance their experience.
The Good Stuff
- The VFAmily: we have a fun, tightly-knit team culture (a must to live together in Providence for five weeks!), and you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact over the course of the summer.
- The substantive, marketable experience: we treat our interns like VFA team members. We’ll give you tons of responsibility from day one, and the more you rise to the occasion the more we’ll have you take on.
- The inside scoop: you’ll have a front-row seat to a premier entrepreneurship training program, and will have the opportunity to regularly sit in on trainings.
- The network: our past interns tell us that the best part of this internship is getting to know VFA Fellows, alumni, and supporters.
- The perks: we offer all interns a $1,500 stipend, and we’ll cover your room, board, and travel expenses while at Training Camp (you’ll secure your own housing while in NYC).