Senior Marketing Associate
New York, NY
Venture for America is a nonprofit startup that recruits, selects, and trains highly talented recent college grads, places them at startups in emerging US cities for two years of hands-on experience, and provides them with access to the network and resources to become company builders and job creators. The Fellowship is highly selective, as is our team, and we’re looking for people who can jump in and make a huge impact.
We’re currently seeking a savvy, detail-oriented self-starter with a passion for growth hacking to join our small marketing team. As Senior Marketing Associate, you’ll take ownership of our social media and other content channels, but you’ll also be exposed to all aspects of marketing at VFA, with plenty of room to experiment and grow. This is a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of building a strong brand while playing a key role in the development of VFA’s content marketing strategy.
- Have worked in a marketing/branding/communications role for 2-3 years, with experience in content creation, writing, emailing marketing, and social media. Startup experience is a plus.
- Are exceptionally organized and detail-oriented.
- Can prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. You operate autonomously while producing consistently high-quality work.
- Embody social media savvy and are able to identify opportunities and channels for sharing content and engaging our audiences.
- Have a proven track record of growing a digital audience through SEM, Facebook advertising, and/or social media.
- Demonstrate strong skills in editing, proofreading, layout, and/or web publishing. Email marketing experience and SEO proficiency is a plus.
- Have experience with managing vendors and/or projects with external agencies including managing a budget. Event planning experience is preferred.
- Are familiar with design platforms (InDesign, Photoshop) and PowerPoint. Photo and video editing skills are a plus.
What You'll Do
- Manage the VFA website (Wordpress), working with internal stakeholders and external designers to keep information relevant, compelling, and up to date.
- Single-handedly manage and grow VFA’s blog and social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and more) to amplify our message to the right audiences.
- Help produce content to tell the stories of our Fellows, companies, and cities to VFA friends and supporters.
- Work with Fellows to highlight new and exciting things happening in VFA cities.
- Assist the Director of Events with event design, vendor management, and reporting.
- Play a key role in planning and executing VFA’s annual fundraiser for 500+ guests.
- Keep VFA’s media organized. Occasionally capture photos or video footage at VFA events.
The Good Stuff
- High performers at VFA are given substantial opportunity to grow and develop.
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- We offer a great benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and gym, tech, and professional development stipends.
- We have a generous vacation policy, plenty of paid holidays, and regular work from home Fridays.
- VFA is a dynamic startup environment with varied responsibilities and a different challenge each day (we mean it – always plenty of interesting problems to work on!).
- You’ll work alongside a team of crazy motivated, high-caliber people.