Senior Software Engineer
Houston, TX - Hybrid Remote /
Enterprise and Info Technology /
Who We Are:
We are a hypersonic transportation startup focused on doing what people once thought was impossible. Our virtuoso engineers will change the future of flight because you will help them navigate the road to that opportunity. Critical to our success is your expertise in developing mission critical flight and safety software.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Impact the Company
We want you to analyze, document, coordinate and manage requirements for our software solutions. Your knowledge in identifying and understanding the needs of Vehicle, Propulsion, Avionics Engineers, as well as, the needs of Accounting, Procurement, and Business Management teams’ will be instrumental in ensuring the success of our mission. You will be defining the software requirements for the product that will link together the work and information of all our teams to enable us to move at Mach 9 and eliminate the drag in our work.
Impact the Product Development
You will be working directly with the Software Architect and the Software Development Lead to align the development team's backlog with the internal customers’ needs and maximizing the capabilities that are delivered. You will develop user stories, groom the software backlog, and prioritize the software teams’ work. You will participate in the Software development team’s Scrum meetings and sprints.
Impact the User Experience
Your knowledge and experience with user experience design will enable you to define screens and behaviors that will reduce the friction for our teams to get their work done. You will have the opportunity to create a world-class working experience for our employees.
What You Have
- You have 5+ years of experience analyzing, documenting, and managing software requirements.
- You have 5+ years of experience in the agile methodology with the ability to define well written epics and user stories, as well as, managing and prioritizing the software backlog.
- You have a high level of comfort working collaboratively and partnering with teams across departments, as it takes a team to go hypersonic.
- You have experience monitoring and evaluating the progress of the software product to ensure the product is bringing incremental value to the end users.
- You are flexible and have the ability to adapt quickly to changes to company or team goals. You never know when a breakthrough is going to happen or a new opportunity is going to arise.
- We have lots to do - you have the ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously and proactively communicate changes to plans and/or roadblocks.
- We're trusting your communication and influencing skills are amazingly effective.
- And, of course, conduct all activities with the highest integrity and work ethic
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelors' degree with a concentration in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent qualification.
- Passion for rockets, planes, hypersonic travel…basically things that go incredibly fast at the edge of the Earth’s atmosphere and outer space.
- Financial acumen – we all watch how we spend our money.
- Military experience - critical thinking and strategy will help guide this role.
- Curiosity – thinking and sharing different ways to help us grow; don’t be afraid of pushing boundaries or challenging conventional thinking.
Venus Aerospace employee benefits include a 401(k) plan, stock options, and medical benefits,
including dental and vision. Our people work a 9/80 flexible schedule, have unlimited PTO, and
receive professional development opportunities.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for these roles are $115k-$150k annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amount will vary depending on factors including experience, performance, education, location, and other job-related factors.
Hybrid, travel to Houston, TX
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a zero-carbon emission spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be able to meet ITAR requirements (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State). You can learn more about ITAR here.
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.