Senior Kubernetes Engineer
Houston, TX /
Enterprise and Info Technology /
We are seeking a Senior Kubernetes Engineer to help build and support critical IT infrastructure, ensuring your colleagues can perform their work efficiently while also maintaining the security of our digital assets. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Support our teams: embedding with an engineering team standing up development environments, designing containerization infrastructure, or getting accounts and features up and running through our help desk
- Use advanced knowledge and experience, serving as lead or technical professional to identify problems and provide solutions to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, and efficiency of our services
- Provide a lead role in response, investigation and correction of service issues all the way from bare metal through the OS to the application code, including technically complex problems spanning a diverse set of areas
- Develop and maintain programs and scripts that aid in the operation and automation of tasks using various shell and scripting languages (primarily bash, Python, and Go)
- Setup, maintain, analyze, and implement improvements with the Kubernetes environment
- Perform system testing and updates for vulnerabilities in hardware and software
- Manage cloud infrastructure and implement security best practices for configuration, identity and access management, and monitoring
- Build, maintain, and manage IT runbooks and other support documentation
- Must be capable of gaining a Security Clearance
- A strong customer-service mindset and scrappy approach to solving complex user problems
- 4+ years of experience in of experience working with container technologies (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Experience with container development and orchestration with Kubernetes or a K8s distribution such as Rancher
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code tooling such as Terraform, Helm, and Ansible
- Hands-on experience researching, implementing and supporting technology solutions for the business
- Familiarity with security compliance frameworks such as NIST, ISO, CIS, CMMC etc.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and clarify complex technical IT issues to company stakeholders
- Experience leading large projects in fast-paced organizations
- Active or Previously Held Security Clearance
- Certification such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator)
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- AWS, Azure (GCC High), GCP
- Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Okta, Azure AD, or similar
- Familiarity with regulations regarding the handling of ITAR or CUI information
Working with Venus Aerospace, we offer 401k, stock options, medical, dental and vision benefits. Other benefits include 9/80 flexible schedule, tuition/flight school reimbursement and more.
This is a full-time salaried position with the flexibility.
If you are looking to work for an awesome company with dynamic colleagues, we would love to speak with you. Please apply! We look forward to chatting with you.
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a zero-carbon emission spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. You can learn more about ITAR here.
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.