Houston, TX /
Use your mechanical talents to help test a spaceplane
Build custom test stands and other fabrications
Be at the center of changing history
We are a hypersonic transportation startup focused on doing what people once thought was
impossible: traveling to the other side of the world in an hour. We are a tech haven for people
with vision who want more than “just a job.” And if you have a talent for mechanics, we have a
place for you to build our test stands and maintain our testing facilities for the engines and
systems that will propel our spaceplane.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Learn from the Best
Work with our visionary aerospace scientists, innovators, and out-of-the-box thinkers. These
are extremely experienced veterans in the fields of new space, research & development, and
military aeronautical science.
Work on the Cutting Edge of New Technologies
You’ll be part of something new, so it’s open to those with experience in a variety of industries.
Learn new skills and best practices from the best in the industry — all while helping to change
the way the world will travel.
Be Part of History
Work where you can contribute to a dramatically different future. At Venus Aerospace, you can
put your talents to work assembling test stands for a new generation of engines, as well as new
types of fuel and oxidizer systems. You’ll get elbow-deep into fabrication and instrumentation,
shop buildout, and test area maintenance.
What You Have
- 4+ years of aerospace (or relevant mechanical) experience
- Proficient in tube bending, flaring and installing stainless steel or other tubing
- Fabrication experience with precision drilling, cutting, deburring and forming of metal material such as stainless steel, aluminum, copper and mild steel
- Experience with procedural test stand operations over comms network
- A healthy respect for safety protocols
- An ability to communicate clearly and precisely during operations and troubleshooting
- Good at following written and verbal directions
- Meticulous attention to Hazmat protocols when dealing with hazardous chemicals and waste
- Capability to operate a forklift, sky track, boom lift, and scissor lift
- Can lift 40 pounds
- Capacity to be on your feet for extended periods
- Ability to meet ITAR requirements
- Can pass a background check and other requirements to hold a secret clearance
- A desire to expand your skills
Venus Aerospace employee benefits include a 401(k) plan, stock options, and medical benefits,
including dental and vision. Our people work a 9/80 flexible schedule, have unlimited PTO, and
receive professional development opportunities.
On-site in Houston, TX.
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a zero-carbon emission spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be able to meet ITAR requirements (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State). You can learn more about ITAR here.
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.