Senior Test Operations Technician
Houston, TX /
Senior Test Operations Technician
We are a hypersonic transportation startup focused on doing what people once thought was
impossible: traveling to the other side of the world in an hour. We are a tech haven for people
with vision who want more than “just a job.” If you enjoy putting design experiments to the
test, we have a place for you in a future we’ve ripped from the pages of science fiction and are
What You’ll Get to Do:
Discover, Invent, and Learn
What we’re doing hasn’t been done before. So, you’ll be doing a lot of testing, as well as
inventing new ways to stage tests for evolving capabilities. Together with our team of brilliant
design and propulsion engineers, you’ll be evaluating how well those tests produce accurate
results and fine-tuning testing methods at every stage.
You’ll deal with software, hardware, people, objects, machines, atmospheric conditions, metals,
chemicals, shapes, propulsion, wind, and time. (And everything else in our kitchen sink.)
Your work will be critical to a revolutionary new form of global travel, and your talent and
insights will be respected and valued by the visionary engineering and production teams with
whom you’ll work. You’ll be in a new kind of work environment, doing some of the most
exciting work happening anywhere.
What You Have
- Not intimidated by building what hasn’t been made before
- Self-motivated and mechanically inclined
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely during operations and troubleshooting
- Confident and thoughtful when collaborating with the engineering team or giving and receiving feedback
- Able to fabricate metal and other materials, such as seamless tube bending/flaring, precision drilling, precision cleaning, etc.
- Technical expertise with R&D test operations
- Experience building, maintaining, and operating test stands for engine, structural, flow tests etc.
- Familiarity with pumps and boosters; experience with vacuum, hydrostatic, and pneumatic pumps of all sorts
- Past work with propulsion systems
- Ability to read and interpret fluid system schematics
- Meticulous attention to Hazmat protocols when dealing with hazardous chemicals and waste
- Capability to operate a forklift, sky track, boom lift, and scissor lift
- Can lift 40 pounds
- Capacity to be on your feet for extended periods
- US citizen or national, or US permanent resident
- Can pass a background check and other requirements to hold a secret clearance
What Will Set You Apart
- Professional licenses or certifications
- Instrumentation experience, such as troubleshooting sensors, wire routing/harnessing, soldering, and crimping
- Control room experience during test operations
Venus Aerospace employee benefits include a 401(k) plan, stock options, and medical benefits,
including dental and vision. Our people work a 9/80 flexible schedule, have unlimited PTO, and
receive professional development opportunities.
On-site in Houston, TX
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a zero-carbon emission spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be able to meet ITAR requirements (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State). You can learn more about ITAR here.
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.