Houston, TX /
Business Operations /
Venus Aerospace is changing the world. We’re building a spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs. We want to fly you to one side of the world and have you “home for dinner”. We also want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. We’ve done the professional grind and we’ve got a better approach. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
Venus is an hypersonic transportation startup focused on rapid prototyping and hardware-rich testing. We need your leadership to support manufacturing cutting-edge engines and fluids systems, custom aircraft, and 3D printed prototypes. We are looking for a Senior Buyer on site in Houston to grow our supply chain team and take our supply chain management, vendor management, and logistics to the next level. This job is a growth opportunity - come join Venus on the ground floor! You will build new vendor relationships, improve logistics and delivery, own our supply chain from RFQ to delivery, and drive reliable contracts and cost savings. This position has a high level of independence and ownership. The Senior Buyer is responsible for identifying and onboarding suppliers, researching goods and services, processing purchase orders, following up with vendors, and verifying delivered items.
To be successful as a Senior Buyer you should be able to critically assess suppliers, products, and services, and negotiate the best possible deals.
- Must be a United States Citizen
- This is a small but growing company. We are looking for a Senior Buyer to start on the ground floor and develop our supply chain standards, processes and execution.
- Ensure supply of manufactured Development and Flight components with an emphasis on fluids components, unique 3d printed components and models, and commodities.
- Build and maintain positive, long-term supplier relations
- Develop, lead, and execute sourcing strategies with consideration and results for end-to-end supply chain excellence through technical collaboration, product introduction, cost modeling, logistics, manufacturing, quality control, ordering/delivery, integration, and reusability
- Execute long term agreements with strategic suppliers with an emphasis on meeting and exceeding cost, quality, and delivery goals
- Coordinate with Engineering and Manufacturing to execute sourcing needs for the Venus Program Plan.
- Be the “Go to” resource for Engineering, Supply Chain, Production, and Build Reliability stakeholders
- Experience working with FARS and DFARS
- Determine the best value suppliers, NPI Sourcing Plans, Make vs. Buy, Should Cost, Buy complete strategies, Lead times optimization, etc.
- Build cross functional teams and champion continuous improvement initiatives to meet or exceed cost, quality, and delivery goals
- Work with Manufacturing to conduct design for manufacturability reviews
- Champion value add value engineering projects to improve part quality and reduce cost
- Manage a supplier bid-list with preferred suppliers.
- Mitigate sole/single source risk and ensure continuity of supply
- Proactively update Venus management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships
- Assess supplier technical capability, equipment, capacity, and risk in procurement process
- Place POs production and unique parts
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies and invoice issues
- Analyze procurement data and report metrics
- Experience in aerospace purchasing, particularly start ups in a rapid-growth phase
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Experience reading data sheets, drawings, and blueprints
- Understand process planning, materials and processes applications, quality procedures, inventory management, and CapEx planning Manufacturing or production line experience
- Proven track record of leadership and team building skills
- MRP experience or knowledge
- Understanding of part pedigree, quality management and inspection and documentation
- Understanding of cryo-rated parts and cleanliness standards
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills Knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications, SQL, RESTful APIs, Software, etc.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
Working with Venus Aerospace, we offer 401k, stock options, medical and dental. Other benefits includes 980 schedules and tuition/flight school reimbursement .
The Senior Buyer position is On-site located in Houston, TX .
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Venus Aerospace is a startup. We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously. We want to fly you to one side of the globe and have you back “home for dinner”. We also want our employees “Home for Dinner”. You will be helping Venus grow, so flexibility and wearing many hats is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.