Senior Analyst M&A
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
VEON – Sales, Commercial, Business Development, Business Strategy
VEON are seeking a talented Senior Analyst to support our M&A team in origination, analysis, and valuation of mergers, acquisitions, and/or divestitures, due diligence of potential targets and integration. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to grow their professional skill set by being involved in all phases of the origination and execution of M&A transactions.
This is a new position which we foresee as long term, but we will start with a fixed term contract of one year.
In this role you will be working alongside experienced and highly capable Senior M&A Directors, gaining excellent exposure and inclusion in the whole process of closing a deal. Other activities include:
- Support deal execution and marketing activities.
- Conduct market research and target screens for M&A opportunities across our core business, geographies and new products
- Execute in-depth research and analysis of potential acquisition targets and relevant markets
- Create complex financial valuation models and develop insights regarding investment hypothesis of target companies
- Identify key valuation drivers, run scenario analyses, and provide recommendations to the M&A team
- Collaborate with necessary internal or external stakeholders involved with due diligence and transaction advisory
- Assist with presentations for the management, investment committee and the board of directors
- Leverage business knowledge and frameworks in evaluating and prioritizing opportunities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Excellent University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent from a competitive program
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in M&A, investment banking, corporate finance highly preferred
- Extensive financial modeling experience and knowledge of valuation techniques (e.g. DCF, multiples, comparables)
- Ability to engage with C-level executives
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective multi-tasking capability and ability to thrive in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and understand the larger business perspective
- Knowledge of Russian language is a plus, but not required
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Do you want to be part of a team that engages with over 220 million customers across 10 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.