Senior Manager Network Innovation
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
VEON – Engineering & Technology
Learn below about your first 30, 60 and 90 days in your next role. Apply and join us now!
Within the network innovation team, the Senior Manager Network Innovation is the corner stone between the vendor and the business units to develop the 5-year innovation network innovation plan. He/she identifies new business opportunities and further develop, together with the Business units, new capabilities, new network architectures/partnerships and new business models. He/she participates to the elaboration of the long-term investment plan. He/she keeps track of network cost for the 5 top cities in all territories of Veon. He/she facilitates the knowledge sharing between OPCOs and identifies best practice.
• Keeps up-to-date the 5Y vendor evolution plans for each network function and confronts it to disruptive innovative offerings: organizes the technology days with vendors and BUs where they present the 5Y evolution strategy for each market share in each country with a budgetary TCO
• Establishes a CTO forum as a channel to improve effectiveness, to drive local expertise and increase knowledge sharing and best practice
• Prepares and presents when required all the board and management material
• In collaboration with the BUs, Prepares all position papers on new technologies: e-SIM, 5G, Edge computing, cloud architecture, etc..
• Owns all the techno-financials studies for each innovation initiative
• Creates and updates a network map (technologies, vendors, architectures) of all the Veon networks
Critical skills and experience
• 10-15 years operational experience within a Mobile Network operator and has been in charge of long-term Network planning and Strategy for at least 3-5 years and/or engaged with the business to set define new requirements and explore new technologies, assess their potential and evaluate their business case.
• Has been in charge or in actively involved and New spectrum acquisition and Long-term Network and IT investment plan consolidation and tracking
• Has been exposed to senior level presentation (CXO) on Technology strategy matters.
• Has been engaged with suppliers on technology roadmap and features evolution and writing Technology architecture guidelines in alignment with stakeholders.
• Has broad knowledge of E2E network functions (Access, transmission, core and value-added services)
• High level user skills with spreadsheets and experienced running tecno-financial studies
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s in engineering
• A master degree and finance or equivalent is a plus
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Do you want to be part of a team that engages with over 220 million customers across 10 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.