Partner Engineer Ventures
VEON – Ventures
VEON has already made great strides towards the objective of positioning itself as a digital leader with a mobile data-centric and simplified customer experience. Self care is now progressing well and has been largely devolved to the countries under local branding However, there is a significant opportunity to deliver the acceleration and monetization of net new business opportunities adjacent to our Telco business i.e., “non-connectivity”. As such, VEON has launched a new Ventures division to define the company's growth plans beyond traditional connectivity, with a focus on adjacent, digital products.
As part of this team, we are looking for a Partner Engineer to join our Veon Ventures Partnerships team in London. The successful candidate will join a small and growing team with the unique opportunity to help define and execute Veon Venture’ strategy for digital growth in the world. Partner Engineering is a highly technical team that works with strategic partners to deeply integrate their services with Veon. In this unique role, you will use your excellent technical and business skills to drive value for our partners and for Veon. The ideal candidate will combine deep engineering and product skills with a passion for digital services (e.g. payments, financial services, TV/media streaming, cloud, big data, etc.), ensuring integrations with our strategic partners are successful and drive impact. This position is full-time and is based in London.
Key responsibilities in the role are :
· Deeply understand Veon Venture’s platform architecture across group and relevant Opcos and underlying implementation.
· Be a technical expert in payments and financial services able to influence both internal and external teams.
· Manage all technical aspects of relationships with our strategic partners at group and relevant Opcos.
· Develop deep integrations and custom solutions for and with our partners.
· Influence the product roadmap through representation of the needs of our partner ecosystem.
· Collaborate closely with our Product and Engineering teams present in the Opcos to design and implement new product features.
· Build technical resources and tools to scale onboarding of new partners.
Key skills and experience required :
· Previous experience (5+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer, in Fintech, banking, finance or payment solutions is required
· Experience managing technical relationships with third party services or partners required
· Experience interacting with technical and business audiences on all levels required.
· Experience building or integrating with payment services, apis and/or gateways a strong plus.
· Due to Opco footprint business fluency in Urdu, Bangali, Russian, French is a plus.
· Willingness and ability to travel ~30% of time is required
Preferably Bachelor’s degree, Software Engineering/IT
Salary: £75-£95,000 per annum depending on experience
Deadline to apply: 21 February 2020
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Do you want to be part of a team that engages with over 220 million customers across 10 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.