Cloud Automation Developer
Verafin is a cutting edge software company focused on delivering next generation fraud and money laundering solutions to financial institutions across North America. Our rapid growth and continuing success means we have an opening for an experienced Cloud Automation Developer to join our team in St. John's, NL. This technical role will be responsible for automating software deployment, developing and scaling data ingest pipelines, developing auto-scaling system to smartly utilize hundreds of servers, building global scale load balancing and monitoring for uptime and performance, within the Amazon Cloud.
Linux expertise is paramount to the success of this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Solid understanding of AWS and cloud solutions architecture
- Build, automate and secure application configuration, auto deployment and provisioning services
- Design, develop, automate and operationalize software/service updates
- Develop innovative ways to measure and monitor application and infrastructure health
- Work with engineering and product management to architect and build features that are highly available, high performance and secure.
- Interact with the Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Automation of deployment, customization, upgrades and monitoring through modern DevOps tools (Chef, AWS Cloud formation)
- Automation is a part of your daily function, so thorough familiarity with scripting in Linux, Java and Python is a critical skill.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of computer or software engineering or computer science or equivalent diploma
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience running systems using Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience with Linux systems, virtualization, and network administration
- Knowledge of Java, Python and Bash would be an asset
This position will close on March 20th 2019
Industry and on-the-job training is provided for all roles at Verafin.
Verafin places a high value on building a diverse team, candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.