Sprayer Operator-Salinas, CA
Salinas, CA /
Field Operations /
Join us at Verdant Robotics as we revolutionize agriculture through robotics and AI. We use computer vision and machine learning to understand every part of every plant at a massive scale -- and with automated robotics, we close the loop and act on that information in real-time. Our unique digital-twin and mm-accurate spraying technology unlocks phenomenal increases in productivity and efficiency - helping farmers grow more profitability with fewer inputs, realizing savings from day one.
Verdant Robotics is a combination of new, innovative technologies mixed with age-old agricultural practices. We like to think outside the box when it comes to delivering our superior service to our customers. We are currently looking for dedicated individuals to join our hard working and successful team, as we continue to grow our company. As an employee of Verdant, you will be working for the leader in Agricultural Technology, and be shoulder to shoulder with the best professionals in the industry. We are looking for a self-motivated detail-oriented person with experience working with agricultural machines. You must be mechanically inclined and either experienced or willing to learn the operation of heavy equipment.
Our headquarters are located in Hayward, CA, but for our Operations Team you will be following the crops as they grow up and down the central and southern corridor of California. This position contains room for professional growth.
We offer competitive pay and a great team environment. Verdant Robotics is an innovation-based essential company and requires in-person attendance. This position is NOT remote.
* This job requires working outside for 8 hours or more. Overtime pay is included. You are expected to be thoughtful and detail oriented as you seek a resolution while dealing with unexpected situations and issues.*
What you will do:
- Operate tractor on different crops while collecting data, uploading, and assist with data labeling as well as spraying weeds
- Perform pre trip inspections on the tractor and robotic platform
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Clean equipment and keep wash records
- Perform routine maintenance, diagnosis and repair equipment following safety protocols
- Respond to customer concerns, identify the issues, and work with software and hardware teams to develop and implement corrective action plans
- Evaluate machine performance
- Support demonstration and implementations
- Work in outdoor environments
- Work independently without direct supervision, once you are trained
- Participate in travel between 40%-90% annually dependent on the season, crop, farm location, and your home location
- 18 years of age
- Drivers license Be able to work days, nights, swing and weekends as needed
- Be punctual
- Ability to travel up and down the Central Valley and West Coast as needed
- Ability to stay in hotels for extended periods of time as needed
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds
- Previous experience in agricultural
- Previous experience driving/operating tractors
- Hold a CDL drivers license
- Experience in cultivation or tractor work with implement behind it
- Starting pay is $18 to $20 per hour (DOE), plus overtime as needed
- Enjoy excellent benefits, health insurance, and a 401k program
- Evolve in a very fast-paced environment with short development cycles
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days
Verdant Robotics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.