Full Stack Engineer
Engineering – Software /
Verdigris is on a mission to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. Our AI sensors automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures in mission-critical buildings. This is a critical step for autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
Extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. As a company, we value working together and continuously growing.
You are interested in solving technical problems that have a positive impact on the world. You are looking to build scalable software that can be deployed to our customers across the globe. You are a team-minded software expert who will refine our tech stack, our engineering culture, and impact our portfolio of mission-critical buildings. You can work from anywhere and stay productive--working fully remote is acceptable as long as you can pair for at least 4 or 5 hours with the team in San Francisco during a normal working day.
About the Role:
As a Full Stack Engineer at Verdigris you will part of the team responsible for building the core products and applications that drive customer growth and user satisfaction. Your primary responsibility is to help our team develop and mature products that sustain and enrich the lives of our customers. We're currently building out new functionality into our API. The near term work will be on designing and improving that functionality to support frontend development and direct customer API access.
About the Software Team:
Comprised of embedded/hardware, ML/data scientists and Full-stack engineers, the Software Team’s mission is to acquire high fidelity data from our sensors to help customers enhance operational efficiency and manage energy while fighting climate change. We organize as an agile workflow in 2 week sprints and quarterly objectives.
- Collaborate with other Engineers to develop and maintain RESTful interfaces in the cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Quickly prototype applications that allow for rapid customer feedback
- Design and build high-quality frontend and backend components that are flexible, reusable, and performant
- Write a clean, readable, and maintainable codebase
- Work with us to maintain and refactor our existing codebases
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in an Agile team as a Full-stack Engineer.
- Experience with a MVC Frameworks such as Angular or Vue.
- Experience with SQL and Postgres or MySQL
- Knowledge working with containerized tools or virtual environments (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge of mainstream cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience having brought code from design to production.
- Ability to work/pair efficiently remotely.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience with TDD and CI/CD.
- Experience with React and Angular.
- Experience with Cassandra.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to make an impact by joining a mission-driven startup. We’re aggressively innovating for the energy management industry hoping to affect climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in our fields. We take our work seriously and strive for an opportunity-filled environment supportive of curious minds.
You can expect thoughtful, hardworking and funny teammates. When we are not sheltering-in-place, you can usually find someone to tour our historic NASA campus or make empanadas from scratch. We value differing perspectives and embrace candid, direct, and constant feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.