Moffett Field, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We see our work as a critical step toward inventing ambient intelligence. In the near future, we believe buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
Our product is an intelligent electricity monitoring and notification system for mission-critical commercial facilities. Our sensors enable artificial intelligence to automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures.
We believe extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. We believe deeply in the power of a growth mindset for individuals and team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation just yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to handle that challenge and more.
About the Data Science Team
As a Data Scientist at Verdigris, you’ll be generating business value from our unstructured data lake. You’ll be responsible for taking projects from research to production. Projects on our roadmap include energy forecasting, motor fault detection, disaggregation, anomaly detection, energy storage optimization, and building controls among others. In the meantime, you’ll be collaborating with all team members from growth to hardware, to full-stack, to customer success. Come help us shed light in this untapped data!
- Collaborate with diverse teams to design new products
- Own features from proof-of-concept to production and maintenance
- Uncover hidden information within diverse datasets
- Fetch and store data from web APIs, Spark, and databases
- Wrangle and clean data from novel sources
- Work in unsupervised, semi-supervised, and supervised domains
- Help us develop team processes for transparent workflows and cross-functional development
- Learn, Grow, and Lead
- You have strong mathematical understanding of standard models: Linear models, SVM, Trees, Neural Networks, K-Means
- You have a strong sense of teamwork
- You are scrappy and can thrive on autonomy
- You have great communication skills and can explain complex topics in simple terms
- You are innately curious and biased to action
- You have a strong desire to learn
- You are able to recognize that simple is sometimes best
- You know when to transition projects from research to production
- You are fluent in Python
- You can create insightful visualizations
- You know how to apply signal processing techniques to time series data
- You have knowledge of controls and optimization strategies
- You have made novel open-source contributions to the ML community
- You can identify what’s important and what’s not
- You can modify ML systems for the task at hand
- You have worked with Spark, SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis)
- You have experience leading research and publishing
We are organized to help humanity and we take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities, challenges, and support for the curious and growth minded. As a Data Science problem solver, you will work with other experts in full-stack, product design, and energy efficiency. Our culture values open collaboration, pairing, agile teams and flexibility in roles. If you share those values we'd love to meet you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.