Full Stack Sales Rep
Moffett Field, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We see our work as a critical step toward inventing ambient intelligence. In the near future, we believe buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
Our product is an intelligent electricity monitoring and notification system for mission-critical commercial facilities. Our sensors enable artificial intelligence to automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures.
We believe extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. We believe deeply in the power of a growth mindset for individuals and team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation just yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to handle that challenge and more.
As a Full Stack Sales Rep at Verdigris, you're a generalist and can do everything to close deals. You'll collaborate with marketing and customer operations. You'll innovate new ways to drive sales throughput and create organizational and product learning. You may have a specific expertise and passion for closing deals, but your broad skills are vital to Verdigris. You will also help us create new content, find prospects, manage external channels, create partnerships and get customers up and running on Verdigris. Traction may come in several ways. You'll be responsible for helping us improve all the ways we acquire, retain and grow customers.
About the Growth Team
At Verdigris, we organize ourselves as small agile teams, typically sized between 3 to 8 people. Growth drives customer acquisition, platform deployment, and revenue growth for the company. Your team will be cross-functional, with diverse and deep experience in sales, marketing, business development, product marketing, data science and coding. We’re searching for the right teammate to share our collaborative focus.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline using our contacts, marketing leads, personal relationships and other means
- Develop highly tactical sales plans for complex enterprise accounts
- Help your team exceed sales goals in target segments: buildings in high electricity demand, and facilities sensitive to equipment and productivity risk
- Challenger sell our customers: learn about our customers’ pains, reframe their problems and educate them about possible solutions
- Build strong relationships with key enterprise accounts
- Collaborate with customer operations and marketing to help our customers sell their successes
- Build trust as an ambassador for Verdigris to customers and seek ways to enhance our value
- Be a champion for our customers to internal product teams
- Grow, train and scale a skilled sales team to enable the success of Verdigris and our customers
- Build well-designed, easily-managed and transparent sales processes to accelerate top-line revenue and product sell-through
- You have >5 years of technology-related sales or sales engineering of products, software, and solutions.
- You hold a BA or BS degree from an accredited university.
- Your record proves over-quota achievement in a fast-paced B2B sales cycle.
- You can tailor your presentation to your audience and can talk to building engineers, executives and everyone in-between.
- You have experience in enterprise B2B sales and navigating complex organizations.
- You are equally confident selling to individual buildings and large Fortune 100 portfolios.
- You are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and favor teamwork in your ideal environment.
- You are a strong active listener and communicate well in all mediums.
- 5%-25% travel.
- You understand building operation, MEP design and construction.
- You have a BS, MS or technical background in a quantitative field of study.
- You've had prior startup experience.
- You have well-maintained relationships with decision makers in hospitality and Fortune 500 buildings.
- You know SalesforceIQ, HubSpot or other modern CRM or marketing automation tools.
- You have training in Challenger Selling, Customer Discovery Selling, or similar consultative B2B selling methodology.
Career Development and Training
We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and technical support for the curious mind in a vast and unpredictable world. As a member of Verdigris' sales team you will have the opportunity to work with experts across machine learning, product design, and business. We are a mission-driven organization, and we value open collaboration and flexibility in roles to get the job done. If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.