Customer Success Engineer
Mountain View, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Verdigris is disrupting the building energy metering industry. Our mission is to sustain and enrich human life through the development of responsive energy intelligence. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. Extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. Your mission is to help us ensure our excellence, while impacting energy conservation.
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will grow our customers and channel partners in success. You will increase our value to them by helping develop new ways to add value in the buildings they operate, and expand to new facilities in their organization. As part of a broader Growth team, you'll also collaborate to identify product-market fit opportunities so that we can drive adoption of our innovative energy platform in order to make an impact on the broader market.
About the Growth Team
At Verdigris, we organize ourselves as small agile teams, typically sized between 4 to 8 people. These teams sync on company strategy, but decide on how to achieve these goals independently. Growth supports the company’s mission by improving the rate at which we deliver demand for Verdigris products and by helping customers realize value. Our team is cross-functional, with diverse and deep experience in sales, marketing, business development, product marketing, data science, and coding. We’re searching for the right teammate to share our collaborative focus. While you have a skill set and passion for customer success, you may be relied on to collaborate on everything growth related.
- Drive LTV through product adoption and customer satisfaction
- Enable new customers through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Collaborate with product teams in mapping/enhancing customer journey
- Derive customer segmentation and varied strategies for success
- Automate and perform customer success activities such as onboarding, training, managing professional service vendors, customer support, customer success management, account renewal, cross-sell / up-sell, and advocacy
- Define operational metrics for the customer success team
- Establish system for tracking metricsHelp build our Customer Success and Business Team
- Continually enhance efficacy through technology integration
- Inspire customer success across company
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop
- 3-5 years customer facing experience
- BS or MS degree; (prefer Computer Science or EE background)
- 1+ year post-sale experience
- Highly developed written and oral persuasion and presentation
- Highly developed skills in active listening, negotiation and consensus building
- Strong empathy for customersPassion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry to impact climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in their fields. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value collaboration to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect thoughtful, funny, and hardworking teammates. You can always find someone to run around NASA's alluring campus with. Or someone to teach you how to make empanadas from scratch. We value learning from differing perspectives. We strive to ensure everyone is heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or status.