Senior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We see our work as a critical step toward inventing ambient intelligence. We expect that buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
Our product is a SaaS for high-end commercial buildings. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. We believe extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. Also, that growth mindsets are critical for team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to help us handle that challenge and more.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, your domain expertise, leadership and technical skills, and full-stack mentorship will be influential. You will partner with the Product Owner to translate functional requirements into a deliverable roadmap. Key to this is ensuring high quality products built in the simplest and most robust way possible. You will lead by example, forming best practices, test driven development, pairing, and agile development.
- Supply domain expertise team members to improve decision making
- Design, vet, build and deploy scalable data pipelines (spanning data ingestion, ETL and machine learning analytics)
- Write tests and tools to continuously integrate, monitor and support our production environment
- Establish and maintain best engineering practices across scoping/ planning, development, testing, release and post-release, including TDD/BDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and design/code reviews
Need to Haves
- You have 5+ years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle.
- You have an understanding of the underlying computer architecture, theory of computer science, and the implications to software design (e.g. understanding performance tradeoffs, Big-O notation, etc.).
- You are fluent in Python.
- You have built products using cloud computing environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
- You have experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, AWS Aurora, etc.) and NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.).Y
- ou are a team player who exemplifies clear communication and transparency.
- You keep up with software trends and new technologies.
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent degree.
Nice to Haves
- You know functional programming paradigm.
- You have experience in typed languages such as Scala, Java, C/C++/C#, Rust, Go, etc.
- You have experience in Apache Spark, Hadoop or a similar distributed computing framework.
- You have working experience in distributed database systems (e.g. Cassandra, ScyllaDB, DynamoDB, etc.).
- You have deployed machine learning pipelines, involving regression, neural networks, classification algorithms, or other optimization algorithms.
- Experience in building and scaling IoT products (MQTT protocol, AWS IoT, Azure IoT Hub, etc.).
- You are adept at using container and orchestration technologies like Docker, and Kubernetes
- We invite you to include your GitHub/Bitbucket/GitLab account, past software projects, and any blogs/websites with your submission.
Equity in a fast growing start-up
- Growth-minded culture and structure for continuous feedback
-Unlimited paid time off
-Gold level Healthcare and Dental Insurance with 85% coverage for spouses & dependents
-Commitment to personal & professional development
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry and impacting climate change in the process. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free experts in engineering, product design, and business. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value open collaboration, pairing, agile teams and cross-functionality in roles to get the job done, we would love to meet you.You can expect to be surrounded by thoughtful, funny and hardworking teammates. Here, you can always find someone to rock climb with, to run around Nasa's beautiful campus with, or teach you how to make empanadas and Pad Thai from scratch. We deeply value learning from differing perspectives and strive to ensure all voices are heard, validated, and honored.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.