Senior Business Developer
Growth – Asia Growth /
Verdigris is on a mission to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures in mission-critical buildings. This is a critical step for autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants. Extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. As a company we value collaborating and growing.
About the Role
As a Senior Business Developer, you will help us launch initiatives in Mainland China. You will enable the success of our most valuable partnerships and critical customer relationships, while helping us develop new relationships in the region. Your focus will be to help validate learnings from other geographies and tailor our go-to-market strategy with our launch partners. You will inherit some legacy relationships badly in need of nurturing. You will also help tactically explore novel ways to apply our product capabilities to critical buildings in the region.
About the APAC Growth / Mainland China team
At Verdigris, we organize as small agile teams, typically between 3-8 people. The APAC Growth team’s mission is to improve the rate at which we deliver demand for Verdigris products in Mainland China and reduce the friction to customers and partners realizing value from Verdigris. Our team is multi-functional with broad skills in building a scalable customer facing organization.
We’re searching for the right teammate to share a collaborative growth focus. You have a strong balance of soft and technical skill sets and a passion for developing relationships and business model processes. You have an intuition for customer pain points and development but you also drive hypotheses backed by data-driven analytical rigor. You lead through influence and example and can fluidly transition from individual contributor to leader as needed
- Help develop our channel and business strategy in Mainland China
- Leverage the Business Model Canvas to validate key business verticals of Verdigris in Mainland China
- Perform continuous and active customer development and drive sales and revenue generation efforts
- Scout, engage and cultivate business verticals based on sound decisions regarding resources and risks
- Negotiate, secure, and manage key customers and partners in Mainland China
- Increase customer lifetime value through increased product adoption, strong partner relationships and customer satisfaction
- Help serve as a regional point of contact for business development efforts in Mainland China
- Collaborate with teammates to build an aligned strategy for the region
- Maintain accurate information about opportunities in our CRM tools and assist with analysis of proposal development data
- Help mentor and train the team on new business best practices, processes, and procedures
- 8+ years of customer-facing expertise with highly developed mainland china specific skills in active listening, negotiation, and consensus building with integrity
- 3+ years of early customer development and early stage business model validation experience as well as diverse product management expertise
- 3+ years enterprise B2B sales experience in Mainland China
- Extraordinary written, oral persuasion and presentation skills in both English and Chinese and can inspire and engage people of all occupations and preferences of thinking
- Appreciate the detail, persistence and proactivity required to deliver a strong customer experience
- Expertise directly interfacing with executive-level stakeholders in Mainland China
- Approach problems analytically and in a process oriented way
- Able to validate your intuition with measurable quantified data and analysis
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and favor teamwork in your ideal environment, with a strong sense of ownership at work
Nice to Haves
- Advanced degree (MS) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience from Tier 1 US or Internationally accredited institution.
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing and product management roles in high technology companies.
- Experience operating in consensus led and western-styled organizations while building teams in Mainland China.
- Experience with data and information management and analytics software industries, especially as it relates to Enterprise SaaS trends, AI, IOT solutions, Security and other Data and information technology issues within businesses.
- Prior entrepreneurial experience setting up, launching or establishing new sales and business development in Mainland China
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to make an impact by joining a mission-driven startup. We’re aggressively innovating the Smart Building Energy Management Industry hoping to affect climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in our fields. We take our work seriously and strive for an opportunity-filled environment supportive of curious minds.
You can expect thoughtful, hardworking and sometimes funny teammates. We value differing perspectives and embrace candid, direct, and constant feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.