Growth – Asia Growth /
Verdigris is on a mission to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. Our AI sensors automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures in mission-critical buildings. This is a critical step for autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
About the Role
As a Solutions Engineer in Mainland China, your top goal is to enable our business teams to solve complex customer problems. Our Chinese Enterprise Customers and Strategic Regional Partners will rely on you as the trusted technical expert to solve their business challenges. You will represent the core technical competencies of our company and work with developers to support business developers, sales and account teams. You will translate complex enterprise energy management needs into deployable and fully integrated solutions.
About the APAC Growth/Mainland China team
At Verdigris, we organize as small agile teams, typically sized between 3-8 people. The APAC Growth team’s mission is to improve the rate at which we deliver demand for Verdigris products in Mainland China and reduce the friction to customers and partners realizing value from Verdigris. Our team is multi-functional with broad skills in building a scalable customer facing organization.
We’re searching for the right teammate to share a collaborative growth focus. You are a cross-functional collaborator with both breadth and technical depth. You have diverse analytical and engineering skills and experience and intuition to balance risks, speed, and execution. You lead through influence and example and fluidly transition from individual contributor to leader as needed
- You will support sales and success teams in all technical aspects.
- You will support product demonstrations.
- You will conduct proof-of-concept engineering.
- You will assist with technical and info-sec diligence and architect solutions and strategies to meet requirements and overcome technical hurdles.
- You will quote, source and manage any 3rd party developers required for success.
- You will support, manage and train others to fully deploy technical solutions.
- You will develop Verdigris' differentiators for presentations, white papers, and RFIs (Request for Information) documents.
- You will prepare business case collateral from pilots and full deployments and help demonstrate ROI.
- You will help collect customer data, analyze outcomes and support learning, future success and enabling insights to inform product and support roadmaps for future customer deliverables.
- You hold a bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree.
- You have 5+ years in a customer-facing technical role (eg. as professional services consultant, field engineer, product developer, or systems engineer)
- You can tailor your message to your audience, and communicate fluently with engineers and executives alike.
- You have experience with software applications engineering, AI-enabled sensors or embedded IoT systems, cloud applications software and development, and API integration.
- You know network information security requirements and can support enterprise security requests.
- You have a working knowledge of or a strong desire to learn about AC electrical systems, critical facility operation, building HVAC systems and MEP design and construction.
- You can prototype and develop lightweight API integrations to enable seamless customer integration and/or project management or guide 3rd-party developers.
- You are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and favor teamwork in your ideal environment
- You are a strong active listener and can communicate well in all mediums.
- You are willing and able to travel internationally as well as to customers as needed (25%-50% of the time)
Nice to Haves
- Advanced degree (MS) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience from Tier 1 US or Internationally accredited institution.
- 3+ years of experience in software, hardware engineering or developer role.
- 3+ years of experience in product management roles in high technology companies.
- Experience operating in consensus led and western-styled organizations while building teams in Mainland China.
- Prior entrepreneurial experience setting up, launching or establishing tech startup focused on enterprise in Mainland China and demonstrated success scaling these clients.
- You have experience carrying customer revenue quotas.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to make an impact by joining a mission-driven startup. We’re aggressively innovating the Smart Building Energy Management Industry hoping to affect climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in our fields. We take our work seriously and strive for an opportunity-filled environment supportive of curious minds.
You can expect thoughtful, hardworking and sometimes funny teammates. We value differing perspectives and embrace candid, direct, and constant feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.