Senior Electrical Hardware Engineer
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Verdigris is disrupting the building energy metering industry. Our mission is to sustain and enrich human life through the development of responsive energy intelligence. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. Extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. Your mission is to help us ensure our excellence, while impacting energy conservation.
About the Platform Team
As an Electrical Hardware Engineer at Verdigris, you'll support hardware, firmware, testing, manufacturing and board development for Verdigris' family of sensor products. You'll be responsible for helping these products go from research to production with cross functional other members of your platform team. In the meantime you'll also be collaborating with all Verdigrisians to enable customer success.
- Manage contract manufacturer to improve production quality and reduce cost.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across software and hardware to produce great products
- Design, develop and ship next generation boards, systems and sensors.
- Support firmware and kernel driver development to deliver key current sensing features to our existing designs.
- Analyze factory yield data, field deployment data, and customer data
- Build relationships with our CM an2d vendors for Engineering, Design, and Process Verification Testing
- Learn, Grow and Lead
- You hold a degree (bachelors degree or higher) in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering or similar disciplines in hardware design.
- You bring knowledge from 5+ years of relevant experience designing embedded electrical systems.
- You speak English at a professional level
- You've seen a full product life cycle.
- You have digital circuit design experience, including experience designing for robust serial bus topologies (CAN, SPI, I2C).
- You have embedded systems design experience, including embedded architecture definition (MCU and peripheral selection), and energy optimization for low power consumption.
- You have analog circuit design experience, particularly sensor circuit design for noisy environments.
- You have in depth expertise in board level electronics design, component selection, schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium Designer or equivalent)
- You can debug at the board level (Oscilloscope/logic analyzer/JTAG)
- You can write firmware and understand operating systems.
- You are able to self-manage and rank priorities in a startup environment with unpredictable outcomes but strict deadlines
- Experience guiding teams and establishing best practices.
- You can build and analyze schematics with spice.
- You are experienced in mechanical and industrial design and can make appropriate tradeoffs for product design.
- You have experience with DFx, compliance certifications (CB/UL), and Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)
- You are current with open-source community on computing platforms and their designs.
- You have experience working in a startup or similar resource constrained environment.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry to impact climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in their fields. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value collaboration to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect thoughtful, funny, and hardworking teammates. You can always find someone to run around NASA's alluring campus with. Or someone to teach you how to make empanadas from scratch. We value learning from differing perspectives. We strive to ensure everyone is heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or status.