Full Stack Insights Engineer
Moffett Field, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We see our work as a critical step toward inventing ambient intelligence. In the near future, we think buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants. Our product is a SaaS for high-end commercial buildings. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects.
We believe extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. We deeply believe in the power of growth mindsets for individuals and team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation just yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to handle that challenge and more.
About the Team
As a full stack engineer at Verdigris, you will bring our insights to life. You are a team minded software expert who will refine our tech stack, our engineering culture, and impact our portfolio of mission-critical commercial buildings. Your primary responsibility is to help our team produce insightful data for our customers. Your communication skills will allow you to convey information to your team members, sales, marketing, and other teams.
- Teach and learn within a team of continuously improving engineers
- Enhance our agile engineering practices and pairing culture
- Maintain and build responsive web applications with frameworks like Ember.js, Node.js, and/or Rails
- Design a unified user experience into a single seamless product
- Build a visionary, scalable, and efficient data platform
- Help us develop products that deliver insightful data to our customers
- Write tests and tools to monitor, triage, continuously integrate, and repair our production environment
- Improve our processes and interactions, both in your team and across our entire company
Required Skills & Qualifications
- You are a great teammate and believe that strong teams vastly outperform a single rockstar
- You have working fluency in the full release cycle of a commercial product
- You have an advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- You are expertly skilled in Ruby
- You embrace paired programming, test driven development, and continuous integration
- You are a continuous learner who's passionate about software development
- You are experienced in middleware, modern backend frameworks (Rails, Django, Node.js, etc.) and frontend frameworks (Ember.js, Angular.js, etc.)
- You demonstrate proficiency in Heroku
- You hold advanced knowledge of source control (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
Nice to Haves
- You have experience in object oriented languages such as Python, Scala, or Java
- You have experience with Apache Spark or a similar distributed computing framework.
- You are a strong communicator that can explain complex concepts in a simple way
- You are passionate about designing and building out beautiful UI/UX
- You have experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- You know NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB)
- You have experience in marshalling frameworks (Protobuf, etc.)
- You are familiar with data science and predictive analytics
- You understand nix operating systems (Linux, BSD, OS X)
- You are experienced in cloud computing environments like AWS
*We invite you to include your GitHub/BitBucket/GitLab account, any blogs or websites you maintain, and any software projects you worked on that you're proud of with your submission.
Personal & Professional Growth
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup – we're disrupting the building energy management industry and impacting climate change in the process. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free experts in engineering, product design, and business. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value open collaboration, pairing, agile teams and cross-functionality in roles to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect to be surrounded by thoughtful, funny and hardworking teammates. Here, you can always find someone to rock climb with, to run around Nasa's beautiful campus with, or teach you how to make empanadas and Pad Thai from scratch. We deeply value learning from differing perspectives and strive to ensure all voices are heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.