Full Stack Engineer- Data Team
Moffett Field, CA 94035
Full Stack Engineer Job Description
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. In the near future, we think buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants and see our work as critical toward inventing ambient intelligence. Our product is a SaaS for high-end commercial buildings. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations to predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects.
Extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. We deeply believe in the power of growth mindsets for individuals and team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation just yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to handle that challenge and more.
About the Team
As a full stack engineer at Verdigris, you will bring our insights to life. You are a team minded software expert who will refine our tech stack, strengthen our inclusive culture, and impact our portfolio of mission-critical commercial buildings. As a member of the data team, your work is critical to ensuring that our data is reliable and meaningful, from sensor to user.
- Build a visionary, scalable, and efficient data platform
- Design a unified user experience into a single seamless product
- Write tests and tools to monitor, triage, continuously integrate, and repair our production environment
- Improve our processes and interactions, both in your team and across our entire company
Required Skills & Qualifications
- You have experience in the full release cycle of a commercial product
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- You have 3+years of relevant experience
- You embrace paired programming, test driven development, and continuous integration
- You are a continuous learner who's passionate about software development
- You are experienced in Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks
- You are experienced in Ember.ij or similar frameworks
- You have experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- You demonstrate proficiency in Heroku or other deployment tools
Nice to Haves
- You are skilled in Scala and Apache Spark
- You have undertaken creative personal projects and open source contributions - achievements you are proud of
- You are a strong communicator that can explain complex concepts in a simple way
- You hold advanced knowledge of source control (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- You know NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB)
- You have experience in marshaling frameworks (Protobuf, etc.)
- You are familiar with data science and predictive analytics
- You understand nix operating systems (Linux, BSD, OS X).
- You are experienced in cloud computing environments like AWS
Note: We highly encourage you to include your GitHub/BitBucket/GitLab account, any software projects you worked on that you're proud of, or info about any tech blogs you maintain.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup – we're disrupting the building energy management industry. Smart buildings and IoT is a growing market that we aim to disrupt through developed patented, breakthrough technology for optimizing building performance. Great building energy intelligence relies on a delightful software experience. Beautiful software built by passionate people like you.
We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and technical support for the curious mind in a vast and unpredictable world. If you value open collaboration, pairing, agile teams and cross-functionality in roles to get the job done, we would love to meet you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.