Moffett Field, CA 94035
Verdigris is disrupting the building energy metering industry. Our mission is to sustain and enrich human life through the development of responsive energy intelligence.
Extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. Your mission would be to help us be that team. Your responsibilities will be broad and span the full organizational life cycle at Verdigris: from hiring, to onboarding, to continued education, to the happiness and satisfaction of your peers.
About People Ops at Verdigris
The people ops team’s goal is to build a highly functional organization. We think careful study and practice will help make Verdigris a great place to align the best people. We’re combining sociology, computer science, and design to create an improved organizational model. We have a passion for learning and believe in continual team improvement. We’re searching for the right teammate who shares these goals.
- Culture, organizational innovation, continued education, workspace and wellness, hiring, compensation and benefits
- Shepherding our company culture
- Cultivating our group emotional intelligence
- Proposing working theories to enable faster and better decision making
- Implementing practical solutions for how we plan, decide, track and assess success
- Scaling the distribution of responsibilities in a growing organization using governance frameworks, not hierarchy
- Designing scalable methods to integrate new employees or transition existing employees into new groups
- Creating onboarding materials and processes that are dynamic to our roles and teams
- Developing effective learning programs, growth and education opportunities for employees and supporting internal projects
- Designing and implementing collaborative, productive, innovative and healthy work spaces
- Helping Verdigrisians develop a sense of mission and intrinsic satisfaction in their work and life
- Collaborating to define success metrics for roles and evolve our hiring process
- Marketing our mission to universities, research groups, interest groups and other startups
- Working with responsible parties to define and evolve Verdigris’ compensation structure
- BA/MA in sociology, cognitive science, human-computer interaction or related social sciences
- 3+ years experience in understanding of organizational design, motivating people and aligning diverse groups
- You speak, write and listen well
- You think analytically and critically on how effective organizations work
- How you make decisions matters to you as much as why decisions are made
- You think about how environments are sensitive and responsive to effective teams
- You bias toward action
- You practice kaizen
- Familiarity and perspective on governance frameworks: Holocracy, RACI, etc.
- You have a perspective on the latest tools for workflow, communication, collaboration and automation: Trello, Slack, Google apps, Zenefits, IFTTT, Zapier, etc
Nice to have
- Advanced degree (MS/MBA/PhD) from tier 1 school in a field that uses analytics to measure and improve managerial behavior (organizational behavior, I/O psychology, sociology, etc.)
- Strong technical background and demonstrable programming skill
We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and technical support for the curious mind in a vast and unpredictable world. As a people operator with Verdigris you will have the opportunity to work with experts across machine learning, web development, and hardware. We are a Holocratic organization: if you value open collaboration, pairing, and flexibility in roles to get the job done, we'd love to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.