Moffett Field, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We see our work as a critical step toward inventing ambient intelligence. In the near future, we believe buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
Our product is an intelligent electricity monitoring and notification system for mission-critical commercial buildings. Our sensors enable artificial intelligence to automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures.
We believe extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. We believe deeply in the power of a growth mindset for individuals and team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation just yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to handle that challenge and more.
About the Platform Team
As an Electrical Hardware Engineer at Verdigris, you'll support hardware, firmware, testing, manufacturing and board development for Verdigris' family of sensor products. You'll be responsible for helping these products go from research to production with cross functional other members of your platform team. In the meantime you'll also be collaborating with all Verdigrisians to enable customer success.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across software and hardware to produce great products
- Design, develop and ship next generation boards, systems and sensors.
- Write firmware, kernel drivers to deliver key current sensing features to our existing designs.
- Analyze factory yield data, field deployment data, and customer data
- Innovate novel new hardware products and techniques to support a growing network of deployed Verdigris sensors
- Build relationships with our cm and vendors for Engineering, Design, and Process Verification Testing
- Learn, Grow and Lead
- You've seen a full product life cycle.
- You know analog circuit design, wireless, and power supply design.
- You know digital circuit design, particularly high speed buses.
- You can capture schematics with Altium Designer or an equivalent.
- You know how to perform physical testing (Oscilloscope/logic analyzer/JTAG testing)
- You can build and analyze schematics with spice.
- You can write firmware and understand operating systems.
- You are proficient in C/C++
- You are familiar with version control tools (Git)
- You are proficient in at least one higher functional language, ie. python, ruby or equivalent.
- You have a strong desire to maintain broad skills across all aspects of product development
- You are able to self-manage and rank priorities in a startup environment with unpredictable outcomes but strict deadlines
- You enjoy operating across functions within a team
- You hold an advanced degree (bachelors degree or higher) in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering or similar disciplines in hardware design.
- You are experienced in mechanical and industrial design and can make appropriate tradeoffs for product design.
- You have experience with DFx, compliance certifications (CB/UL), and Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)
- You are current with open-source community on computing platforms and their designs.
- You have experience working in a startup or similar resource constrained environment.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup – we're disrupting the building energy management industry and impacting climate change in the process. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value open collaboration, pairing, agile teams and cross-functionality in roles to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect to be surrounded by thoughtful, funny and hardworking teammates. Here, you can always find someone to rock climb with, to run around Nasa's beautiful campus with, or teach you how to make empanadas and Pad Thai from scratch. We deeply value learning from differing perspectives and strive to ensure all voices are heard, validated and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.