Full Stack Engineer
Moffett Field, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Verdigris is disrupting the building energy metering industry. Our mission is to sustain and enrich human life through the development of responsive energy intelligence. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. Extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. Your mission is to help us ensure our excellence, while impacting energy conservation.
About the Team
We believe extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. At Verdigris, we organize as agile, multi-functional teams with 4 to 8 people. As a Full Stack engineer at Verdigris, you will build visionary, scalable, and efficient data pipelines. You are a team minded software expert who will refine our tech stack, our engineering culture, and impact our portfolio of mission-critical commercial buildings. Your primary responsibility will to help our team produce insightful data for our customers. You will collaborate across product teams, sales, marketing, and other teams, to drive key organizational process changes and strengthen agile development.
- Teach, mentor and learn within a team of continuously improving engineers
- Enhance our agile engineering practices, pairing culture, and organizational processes in your team across our entire company
- Manage and deploy thousands of Machine Learning jobs with AWS Lambda and Batch
- Maintain and build responsive web applications with frameworks like Ember.js, Node.js, and/or Rails
- Help us develop products that deliver insightful data to our customers
- Write tests and tools to monitor, triage, continuously integrate, and repair our production environment
Required Skills & Qualifications
- You have at least three years of full time industry experience in software engineering
- You have experience leading and mentoring teams.
- You have experience in the full release cycle of a commercial product
- You have an advanced degree (bachelors or higher) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- You embrace paired programming, test driven development and continuous integration
- You are a continuous learner who's passionate about software development
- You are experienced in middleware, modern backend frameworks (Rails, Django, Node.js, etc.) and frontend frameworks (Ember.js, Angular.js, etc.)
- You have experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- You are experienced in cloud computing environments like AWS
- You hold advanced knowledge of source control (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
Nice to Haves
- You have experience in Scala or Java
- You have experience in Apache Spark or a similar distributed computing framework
- You are a strong communicator that can explain complex concepts in a simple way
- You know NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB)
- You have experience in marshaling frameworks (Protobuf, etc.)
- You are familiar with data science and predictive analyticsYou understand nix operating systems (Linux, BSD, OS X)
- You are proficient with Heroku
- We invite you to include your GitHub/BitBucket/GitLab account, any blogs or websites you maintain, and any software projects you worked on that you're proud of with your submission.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry to impact climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in their fields. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value collaboration to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect thoughtful, funny, and hardworking teammates. You can always find someone to run around NASA's alluring campus with. Or someone to teach you how to make empanadas from scratch. We value learning from differing perspectives. We strive to ensure everyone is heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.