Enterprise Sales Executive
Growth – US S&M /
Verdigris is on a mission to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. Our AI sensors automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures in mission-critical buildings. This is a critical step for autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
As an Enterprise Sales Executive at Verdigris, you're both a generalist and deep sales expert. You can handle almost any task required to close large enterprise deals on your own. However you favor involving your team. You collaborate with marketing, product, solutions engineering and customer operations. You'll innovate new ways to drive sales throughput and create organizational and product learning. You'll help establish and refine a repeatable processes for sales. You have specific expertise and passion for closing deals, but your broader skills are vital to Verdigris. You will help create new content, qualify and hunt prospects, refine methods, enhance ideal customer profiles, expand existing accounts, navigate complex organizations, and help embed Verdigris deeply as an enterprise solution. Traction may come in several ways. You'll be responsible for helping us improve all the ways we acquire, retain and grow customers.
About the Growth Team
At Verdigris, we organize as small agile teams, typically sized between 3-8 people. The Growth team’s mission is to improve our rate of product adoption and revenue growth by helping customers realize value from our service. Our team is multi-functional with broad skills in building a scalable customer facing organization. We’re searching for the right teammate who shares our collaborative focus. While you have a skill set and passion for selling, you may be relied on to help collaborate on other growth related needs.
- You will field and lead sales conversations with large complex enterprise customers and strategic partners in your region of expertise
- You will become a Verdigris subject matter expert on all of our technologies, products and capabilities and translate technical information into business outcomes for multiple customer stakeholders and personas
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline using our contacts, marketing leads, personal relationships and other means
- Develop highly tactical sales plans for complex enterprise accounts
- Help your team exceed sales goals in target segments: buildings in high electricity demand, and facilities sensitive to equipment and productivity risk
- Challenger sell our customers: learn about our customers’ pains, reframe their problems and educate them about possible solutions
- Build strong relationships with key enterprise accounts
- Collaborate with customer operations and marketing to help our customers champion their successes
- Build trust as an ambassador for Verdigris to customers and seek ways to enhance our value
- Be a champion for our customers to internal product teams
- Grow, train and scale yourself and your teammates to enable the success of Verdigris and our customers
- Build well-designed, easily-managed and transparent sales processes to accelerate top-line revenue and product sell-through
- You have >5 years of technology-related sales or sales engineering of products, software, and solutions.
- You hold a BA or BS degree from an accredited university.
- Your record proves over-quota achievement in a fast-paced B2B sales cycle.
- You can tailor your presentation to your audience and can talk to building engineers, executives and everyone in-between
- You have experience in enterprise B2B sales and navigating complex organizations.
- You are equally confident selling to small groups as you are selling to large groups with multiple decision makers with different economic and technical motivations for deciding on the product.
- You are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and favor teamwork in your ideal environment.
- You are a strong active listener and communicate well in all mediums.
Nice to Haves
- You hold an advanced degree (BS or MS) in Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent analytical degrees
- You have experience transitioning early customer development to early sales traction and repeatability at a venture backed startup.
- You have worked in management consulting or engineering consultancy in both operational and executive facing roles
- You have experience selling similar products and services along similar verticals and strategies.
- You have familiarity or experience in professional services engineering, energy engineering, power systems engineering, asset management or built environment infrastructure
- You understand agile software development methodologies
- You are familiar with modern IoT or sensor technologies
- Requires domestic and may also require international travel (10% - 35%).
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to make an impact by joining a mission-driven startup. We’re aggressively innovating for the energy management industry hoping to affect climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in our fields. We take our work seriously and strive for an opportunity-filled environment supportive of curious minds.
You can expect thoughtful, hardworking and funny teammates. When we are not sheltering-in-place, you can usually find someone to tour our historic NASA campus or make empanadas from scratch. We value differing perspectives and embrace candid, direct, and constant feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.