Verdigris is on a mission to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. Our AI sensors automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures in mission-critical buildings. This is a critical step for autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
As an Account Executive, you will enable the success of our most valuable partnerships and customer relationships. You will help our largest customers get the most out of our product. You will explore new ways to apply our product to make valuable contributions in the buildings they operate.
As part of the broader Growth team, you will also help renew and expand our existing customers. Their success and customer advocacy enables our continued sales efforts. Customer happiness is your ultimate goal. Your success will drive the adoption of our innovative energy platform, and make an impact on the broader market. This is an opportunity to lead via influence, help drive growth strategy, develop best customer success practices, and have your voice respected.
About the Growth Team
At Verdigris, we organize as small agile teams, typically sized between 3-8 people. The Growth team’s mission is to improve our rate of product demand by helping customers realize value from our service. Our team is multi-functional with broad skills in building a scalable customer facing organization. We’re searching for the right teammate to share our collaborative focus. While you have a skill set and passion for enabling customer success, you will be relied on to collaborate on other growth related responsibilities.
- You will field and lead success conversations with large complex enterprise customers and strategic partners in your region of expertise
- You will become a Verdigris subject matter expert on all of our technologies, products and capabilities and translate technical information into business outcomes for multiple customer stakeholders and personas
- You will increase customer lifetime value through greater product adoption, engagement, and satisfaction both for key customer acquisition and expansion efforts by facilitating the advocacy and ability to reference existing customers
- You will represent the voice of key customer personas internally with product managers and our strategic steering committee
- You will devise and develop methods to scalably onboard, train, support and engage customer stakeholders
- You will implement, measure and interpret operational and customer success metrics
- You will collaborate with internal and customer stakeholders to enable customer renewal, expansion, and advocacy
- You will co-manage external support, installers, analysts or other professional service vendors to deliver strategic outcomes and solutions
- 5-8 years customer facing or other relevant experience in post-sales
- You have carried quota and have consistently met or surpassed quota
- Your extraordinary written, oral persuasion and presentation skills inspire and engage people of all occupations and preferences of thinking
- You actively listen, build consensus and creatively problem solve with integrity
- You appreciate the detail, persistence and proactivity required to deliver a strong customer experience across a broad set of users
- You have experience navigating complex organizations and directly interfacing with executive-level stakeholders
- You've managed enterprise B2B customers for SaaS accounts
- You are an expert with planning organization and project management
- You back up your intuition with quantified data and analysis
- You have experience guiding and navigating complex and infrequent corporate decision-making processes
Nice to Haves
- You hold an advanced degree (BS or MS) in Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent analytical degrees
- You have worked in management consulting or engineering consultancy in both operational and executive facing roles
- You have familiarity or experience in professional services engineering, project management, facilities management, construction, energy engineering, power systems engineering, asset management or built environment infrastructure
- You understand agile software development methodologies and technology
- You follow or are familiar with modern IoT or sensor technologies
- May require domestic and/or international travel
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to make an impact by joining a mission-driven startup. We’re aggressively innovating for the energy management industry hoping to affect climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in our fields. We take our work seriously and strive for an opportunity-filled environment supportive of curious minds.
You can expect thoughtful, hardworking and funny teammates. When we are not sheltering-in-place, you can usually find someone to tour our historic NASA campus or make empanadas from scratch. We value differing perspectives and embrace candid, direct, and constant feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.