Director of Key Accounts
Mountain View, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Verdigris is disrupting the building energy metering industry. Our mission is to sustain and enrich human life through the development of responsive energy intelligence. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. Extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. Your mission is to help us ensure our excellence, while impacting energy conservation.
As a Director of Key Accounts, you will enable the success of our most valuable partnerships and critical customer relationships. You will help our largest customers get the most out of our product. You will explore new ways to apply our product to make valuable contributions in the buildings they operate.
As part of a broader Growth team, you will also help renew and expand our existing customers. Their success and customer advocacy enables our sales efforts. Customer happiness is your ultimate goal. Your success will drive the adoption of our innovative energy platform and make an impact on the broader market. This is an opportunity to lead via influence, help drive growth strategy, develop best customer success practices, and have your voice respected.
About the Growth Team
At Verdigris, we organize ourselves as small agile teams, typically between 4 to 8 people. The growth team's mission is to improve our rate of product demand and to help customers realize value from our service. Our team is multi-functional with broad skills in building a scalable customer facing organization. We’re searching for the right teammate to share our collaborative focus. While you have a skill set and passion for customer success, you will be relied on to collaborate on other growth related responsibilities.
- You will field and lead success conversations with key customers and channel partners
- You will become a Verdigris subject matter expert on all of our technology, able to translate technical information into business outcomes
- You will increase customer lifetime value through greater product adoption, engagement, and satisfaction
- You will support customer acquisition and expansion efforts by facilitating the advocacy and reference-ability of existing customers
- You will represent the customer voice internally with product developers
- You will devise and develop methods to scalably onboard, train, support and engage customers
- You will implement, measure, and interpret operational and customer success metrics
- You will collaborate to enable customer renewal, expansion, and advocacy
- You will co-manage external customer support, installers, analysts, or other professional service vendors
- 5-8 years customer facing or other relevant experience
- 3+ years post-sales experience
- Your extraordinary written, oral persuasion and presentation skills inspire and engage people of all occupations and preferences of thinking
- You actively listen, build consensus and creatively problem solve with integrity
- You appreciate the detail, persistence and proactivity required to deliver a strong customer experience
- You have expertise directly interfacing with executive-level stakeholders
- You’ve managed enterprise B2B customers for SaaS accounts
- You expertly plan and organize with vigilance
- You back up your intuition with quantified data and analysis
- You have experience guiding and navigating complex and infrequent corporate decision-making processes
- You hold an advanced degree (BS or MS) in Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer engineering or equivalent experience
- You have familiarity or experience in professional services engineering, facilities, energy engineering or consulting, construction, asset management or built environment infrastructure
- You understand standard agile software development methodologies
- You follow or are familiar with IoT or sensor technologies
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry to impact climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in their fields. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value collaboration to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect thoughtful, funny, and hardworking teammates. You can always find someone to run around NASA's alluring campus with. Or someone to teach you how to make empanadas from scratch. We value learning from differing perspectives. We strive to ensure everyone is heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or status.